Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by redtop43
When I did my break-even analysis, I assumed that I could liquidate $500's 4 at a time, and $1000's in a package with 2 $1000's and 1 $500.

I didn't worry about monthly limits. I have two Rakuten accounts, one that gives 1% CB and one that gives Amex points. They normally allow only one account per person, but they told me I could have two since I want to get my rewards different ways. While I mainly use the Amex option, I take cash when using my Rakuten credit card, because you can't get Amex points with that.

It's true that it can be a little annoying to order 3 cards at a time, but it's also annoying to drive back and forth to the mall. And while it can certainly take 6-9 days from date of order to delivery, I can place the online order as soon as the available credit exists in my account, rather than having to wait until I can get to the mall.
If you're doing any sort of real volume via GCM, I'd highly recommend learning basic coding to automate placing orders/logging orders. Even if you have no background in coding, the breakeven will probably be in the first month.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by veeRob
Haven’t seen much discussion on this… why isn’t Plastiq processing these $1k cards as a debit card?
I would guess that they pay higher interchange fees on those cards than they do on debit cards issued by major banks.
nall likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I would guess that they pay higher interchange fees on those cards than they do on debit cards issued by major banks.
Interesting. I just thought it was weird as WM runs them as debit, as does Pay1040.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:25 pm

Anyone tried using a non amx bank issued amx card?

I have a first national bank of Omaha issued card that is an AMX that earns 1.5x. I know amx issued cards dont earn points but what about amx cards issued by other banks?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:16 pm

I have no problems using my WF Amex at Simon Malls.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
If you're doing any sort of real volume via GCM, I'd highly recommend learning basic coding to automate placing orders/logging orders. Even if you have no background in coding, the breakeven will probably be in the first month.
In the past I used a program called Macro Express for tasks such as this. I'm thinking of getting it again.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
Most cards will have to go through a "learning" process until your charging history is established.

Simon normally will not allow a card to be used again on the same day after it is declined.

Try another day, and call Fidelity before you attempt the charge.

Also, SM normally will not let you use someone else's card - the name on the card must match the ID.
Thanks redtop43 - I will try slowly ramping up and adding some organic spend as well.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: MileagePLUS, AAdvantage, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by shadow520
Why stop there? How about just one card for 25k?

Lol
THAT would be a game changer. However, essentially that would be more of a prepaid debit card than a gift card and may subject Simon to more banking regulations.

If they started offering that size card, it would be the tipping point for me to cough up my SSN. Up to this point, I have preferred to keep my purchases below 10k because I don’t like my SSN flouting around on sheets of paper for identity fraud reasons.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:15 am

Even with a $1k card I am carrying around in my wallet about twice the value of my car ...
GatorSmiley, TyPo311 and rct12345 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Other than just coding do you have any other hints as to what you're talking about? I imagine this is something I can learn to do but have no idea where to even start.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:25 pm

Just out of curiosity, how are you liquidating $10k+ in gift cards. Are you just doing WM money orders? I only do $500/week to start, as I'm a little worried the credit card company will start to wonder why I'm spending over $500 at a grocery store every week. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, AMEX Platinum and AMEX Gold. Is one card better to use than the other? I heard AMEX doesn't give you anything if it's a Simon Mall charge. Started using the AMEX gold since it's 4x pts at grocery.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Just out of curiosity, how are you liquidating $10k+ in gift cards. Are you just doing WM money orders? I only do $500/week to start, as I'm a little worried the credit card company will start to wonder why I'm spending over $500 at a grocery store every week. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, AMEX Platinum and AMEX Gold. Is one card better to use than the other? I heard AMEX doesn't give you anything if it's a Simon Mall charge. Started using the AMEX gold since it's 4x pts at grocery.
You are correct that AMEX won't give points for Simon purchases. Chase will.

Amex gold is fine for grocery stores, they don't care how much you spend there every week, but don't go from $500 a month to $10k month all at once. Ramp it up slowly.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I completely Disagree with your opin. I change every card I buy to the same 4 #s , why? That way I dont have to keep remembering the different #s on each card before walking in and if I make a mistake and input the wrong # having to glance at the card hoping the csr doesnt catch me., and yes in the past I had that exact problem and walked out empty handed

2ndly theres usually some cents remaining on most of the cards, at the supermkt that drains them no need to look at each card for the # I must input, alot quicker to get the job done
This. I change the pin on every card that I have just so I can avoid having to look at the last 4 digits for the PIN.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by fisly
I'm working for SW CP right now and this something I've thought about. I breezed through $20k Simons so quick I had to purposefully slow myself down. Now I bought $15k from GCM and it's been a drag. Buying $1.5-1.9 is slow going. Have $10k more to go and I'm still debating on cheaper cost vs faster spending.
smh ruda

Last edited by Chelski; Nov 18, 2019 at 7:24 pm
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:16 am

MB's new PIN changing voice system is soo annoying now with so many words and takes forever to go through the different prompts. I am not sure why MB decided to make it so cumbersome to listen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.