Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 27, 19, 2:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 11, 19, 3:56 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Programs: MR LTP (soon to be LTPP), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by jtav559 View Post
I don't think I have read (any time recently at least) regarding a SM that was not friendly to "frequent and loyal customers". Maybe the occasional CSR that went off the reservation, but never a blanket ban!

Quite the contrary in my neck of the woods....One of the stores in my local area has a whole "loyalty" setup for those who purchase VGC regularly. Call aheads to prep cards, heads up on promos, etc.
Its a pretty symbiotic relationship - ease for me, more sales for them.

Which begs the question - what did one do to get on SM's bad side? Did you lie on their little info form they make you fill out and get caught?
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.

Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week at another simon mall close to my office. Then, the day I posted my question, I had been to the old mall and after speaking to an employee at the kiosk she said I could care less what you do with them, it is not my business and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. So now I buy from that one close to my house and then next day the other one close to my office...every other day.
Litig8r1104 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:24 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,362
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104 View Post
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.

Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week at another simon mall close to my office. Then, the day I posted my question, I had been to the old mall and after speaking to an employee at the kiosk she said I could care less what you do with them, it is not my business and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. So now I buy from that one close to my house and then next day the other one close to my office...every other day.
"Gamer" is the term Simon uses for us, so if she meant it in corporate speak, that was an odd excuse to ban someone.
danpeake is online now  
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:27 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,192
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104 View Post
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.
Just asking: When she required the form, and imposed the limit, did you kind of get up in her grill, like "it's not required!" and "you're violating my rights!" ?
Also, as mentioned, "gamers" is simply what SM calls us, and generally welcomes us with open arms -- as long as we play nice.
tuphat is offline  
Old Jan 12, 19, 10:39 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Programs: MR LTP (soon to be LTPP), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
Just asking: When she required the form, and imposed the limit, did you kind of get up in her grill, like "it's not required!" and "you're violating my rights!" ?
Also, as mentioned, "gamers" is simply what SM calls us, and generally welcomes us with open arms -- as long as we play nice.
No. I was very polite and filled it out without saying a word because I usually always buy more than 3k per trip so I would have had to fill it out anyway. I had no issue with doing the form. She just didn't like the fact that I was gaming the system according to her. It is over now because this mall will sell to me now......I just thought it was strange that she had such a bad attitude about it.
Litig8r1104 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:41 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 471
Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
They will ban people who buy more than $10k a day by going to multiple SM's.
They will check for this, too. My regular reps tell me when they are called by other SMs to verify that I didn't do over 10K.
FrankMS is offline  
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:43 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 471
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
For those who still have 5back cards with $26 on them: I'm sure your favorite SM rep would appreciate one, or a GC purchased with one ...
LOL I'm still draining those. That was quite a deal.
FrankMS is offline  
Old Jan 13, 19, 12:47 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,192
Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're all gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?... Come on, Yolanda, what's Fonzie like?!
tuphat is offline  
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:32 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,518
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
For those who still have 5back cards with $26 on them: I'm sure your favorite SM rep would appreciate one, or a GC purchased with one ...
take the 5Bs to Lowe’s and get another 5%. I unloaded 120 of those at Lowe’s a couple years ago.
Chelski is offline  
Old Jan 15, 19, 12:05 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: AA, UAL
Posts: 540
I hope Simon mall continues to provide deals for GC purchase from time to time.....
fromfall98 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:41 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Posts: 3,214
Originally Posted by tuphat View Post
Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're all gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?... Come on, Yolanda, what's Fonzie like?!
He's cool. What's in the briefcase?
redtop43 is offline  
Old Jan 18, 19, 10:06 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: none
Posts: 78
5 back

regarding 5 back card., i think that's thing in the past, lowes or cvs no longer on the list

Last edited by mySimon411; Jan 18, 19 at 10:07 am Reason: error
mySimon411 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 19, 1:30 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 34
The limit for in person gift card purchases at Simon mall is going up to 25,000 per day. You must provide your Social Security number.
danpeake likes this.
Melanion90 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 19, 3:36 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Posts: 5,988
Originally Posted by Chelski View Post

take the 5Bs to Lowe’s and get another 5%. I unloaded 120 of those at Lowe’s a couple years ago.
Why not go to OD, get 5X, buy a Lowes GC , USE an EBay Lowes Mover Coupon get 10% off, and never pay a dime for the GC.

You can use your SMGC to pay your LAR @ Lowes.

Works for me..
satman40 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 19, 4:49 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by Melanion90 View Post
The limit for in person gift card purchases at Simon mall is going up to 25,000 per day. You must provide your Social Security number.
I was told no SSN if you keep the total at $10k or less. Only needed if you go over $10k. $25k would save me some trips but I'll probably stick with the $10k.
knopfler is offline  
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:35 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Does simon.com considered "online shopping" 3% cat for boa cash reward? I didn't see people talking about it so wasn't sure if I had missed anything... Thanks in advance!
Chouguai is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: