Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I don't believe that the discount codes work for in mall purchases since there is no shipping and handling fees associated with a mall purchase no matter how big the purchase.

However, if I am incorrect on this assumption, please let us know. TIA
Perhaps what I posted was confusing, so:

A) As I posted, my BIL lives too far away from any Simon Malls to do ANY in-person purchasing.

B) There are TWO ways to purchase Simon GCs online:

1} Is the Corporate/Bulk/Volume site @ https://www.simon.com/volume/

This site offers the $1K GCs and has the posted promo offers, but it is my understanding requires an initial appearance at a brick & mortar Simon mall for registration and first purchase, which won't work for my BIL.

2) Is the consumer site @ https://www.simon.com/giftcard/

This site only offers GCs up to $500.

So for clarification, my question is, does anyone know if the promo offers that are posted at least for the Corporate/Bulk/Volume online site, ALSO work for the Consumer online site as well? I suppose I could call them and ask, but don't really want to get into questions about how/where am I getting the promo codes from.

TIA
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:38 pm

just got my volume account approved, anyone know how the transaction coded? mcc code? amex good? X1 card good? (giftcards.com purchased doesn't count for X1, i learned it in hard way) Thanks,
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by st0ne
just got my volume account approved, anyone know how the transaction coded? mcc code? amex good? X1 card good? (giftcards.com purchased doesn't count for X1, i learned it in hard way) Thanks,
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
    MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL MERCHANDISE STORES
This is how the in-person transaction on a Mastercard coded that was required to approve volume account.
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
    MISCELLANEOUS AND SPECIALTY RETAIL STORES
This is how the online transactions code for me on a Mastercard.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
This is how the in-person transaction on a Mastercard coded that was required to approve volume account.
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
I just learned something in hard-way, in-person purchase with amex card earn nothing, not even the base points(zero pts posted on bbp). I checked transaction details, not sure how amex figure it out it's coming from Simon while there is literally no mentions of it at all.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
INteresting. If they're not BHN, they may work at WM for full swipe. I'll have to check these out later.
Where you able to check on this ? i have some high spend coming up, and it will be really helpful if simon cards works again in wally world and kroger.

I havent registered with Simon , but would like to know this info , before giving my full horoscope to them.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by st0ne
I just learned something in hard-way, in-person purchase with amex card earn nothing, not even the base points(zero pts posted on bbp). I checked transaction details, not sure how amex figure it out it's coming from Simon while there is literally no mentions of it at all.
How is this possible? Did you call Amex to ask (without telling them what you were buying, of course)
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
  • MERCHANT CATEGORY
You obviously haven’t read this forum as a newby here. Amex stopped giving points on Simon cards long ago. Read the entire forum and you will learn a lot and not the hard way. 😊😊
radonc1 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:12 pm

AMEX sells gift cards at Simon Malls. I really don't think it was that hard for them to figure out. FWIW they didn't used to care, but some Simon Malls were coding as dining, and the rest is history as we say.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Where you able to check on this ? i have some high spend coming up, and it will be really helpful if simon cards works again in wally world and kroger.
Not ALL Simon cards, just the VANILLAs serviced by InComm, not by BlackHawk.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Whittaker
Not ALL Simon cards, just the VANILLAs serviced by InComm, not by BlackHawk.
so the link shared ,
https://www.simon.com/volume/giftcard/ruby-plaid-861

Can be bought online for 1000 and do full swipe at Wally?

That's good news
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
You obviously havent read this forum as a newby here. Amex stopped giving points on Simon cards long ago. Read the entire forum and you will learn a lot and not the hard way. 😊😊
Was this a misquote? Hahaha!
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
so the link shared ,
https://www.simon.com/volume/giftcard/ruby-plaid-861

Can be bought online for 1000 and do full swipe at Wally?

That's good news
is the plaid vgc available for purchase for you folks? the above link did show the plaid cards, but after signing in to my acct, they no longer show or found 😕
beachmiles likes this.

Last edited by danhouston; Aug 26, 2022 at 9:00 am
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
is the plaid vgc available for purchase for you folks? the above link did show the plaid cards, but after signing in to my acct, they no longer show or found 😕
I am not yet registered with Simon volume. Please let us know if you are able to buy it
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
It's not available for me either
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
It's not available for me either
nope, not avail to my acct as well; here's a reply from a Simon's Rep:
'We have a number of things we have to consider when looking at making cards available to purchase for our customer base (such as vendor requirements, capacity at our fulfillment centers and card inventory to name a few). We don’t allow access to all cards to all customers but have to manage to a variety of program parameters.'

those Plaid series are definitely more desired & demand than those that issued by BHN; if available to all, SM knows that they won't be able to sell any more of the BHN's VGC... guess that they only make Plaid cards avail to those customers in areas that don't have liquidated option(s)

Last edited by danhouston; Aug 26, 2022 at 10:05 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.