Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 7:59 pm

The last batch of Cards i bought were duds for MO's for 999.08 at Food Lion. Anyone have DP's for smaller denominations? Want some more info before putting in another 10K order.

It would still be worth it if I can do $500 MO's but less than that too much haste for my liking.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Liteweight13
The last batch of Cards i bought were duds for MO's for 999.08 at Food Lion. Anyone have DP's for smaller denominations? Want some more info before putting in another 10K order.

It would still be worth it if I can do $500 MO's but less than that too much haste for my liking.
If past performance is any indication, the limit is likely $99.

Would definitely be a blow if Food Lion is now on the "banned" list. I'm not near enough one to try it out myself.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Liteweight13

Yes, $500 MO still works at Food Lion.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
If past performance is any indication, the limit is likely $99.

Would definitely be a blow if Food Lion is now on the "banned" list. I'm not near enough one to try it out myself.
Originally Posted by jjcacct
Did Food Lion raise the MO fees and perhaps the total charge was greater than $1,000?
Old May 20, 2022, 11:30 am

I haven't tried it, but it is my understanding that it still works at Food Lion so long as you only buy a single money order at a time. So you can still get $1000, but you'll have to do two transactions to take it off. Bummer. Between that and the change w/ BoA my future buying habits are likely to going to change.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LilOlMe
I haven't tried it, but it is my understanding that it still works at Food Lion so long as you only buy a single money order at a time. So you can still get $1000, but you'll have to do two transactions to take it off. Bummer. .
Since when have they issued $1K MOs? and are you saying that you can no longer ask for say 1 @ 499 and 1 @ 500 and do 1 swipe? but must ask for 1 @499 and after getting it ask for a 2nd for 500?
Old May 20, 2022, 7:39 pm

Nice to hear. Will pick up a single 1K gift card and try $500 transactions.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:04 am

Anyone notice the VGCs from Simon now say "This Cardholder Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions under which a Visa® Simon Gift Card (“Card”) has been issued to you by Pathward®, National Association." and do not have the "MetaBank" language in the T&C? Not sure if this matters, but is this really a different issuer that could provide better results in some markets for liquidation?
Old May 23, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by oipunk77
Anyone notice the VGCs from Simon now say "This Cardholder Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions under which a Visa® Simon Gift Card (“Card”) has been issued to you by Pathward®, National Association." and do not have the "MetaBank" language in the T&C? Not sure if this matters, but is this really a different issuer that could provide better results in some markets for liquidation?
MetaBank has changed its name to Pathward.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by oipunk77
Originally Posted by Chasepoints
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ge-to-Pathward
Old May 24, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: Hyatt, Southwest,Chase, AMEX
Tried making an in-store purchase at my local Simon location as part of my initial verification process, and all 3 of my Chase-issued credit cards were declined. The purchase amount(3k) was well within my available credit limit. When I called Chase, they said that this merchant had been flagged and mentioned that it was not due to fraud prevention nor credit limit restrictions.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into similar issues recently.

BTW: Tried with my personal Chase WOH CC, Sapphire Preferred, and IHG Rewards credit cards.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by eduardom123456789
Tried making an in-store purchase at my local Simon location as part of my initial verification process, and all 3 of my Chase-issued credit cards were declined. The purchase amount(3k) was well within my available credit limit. When I called Chase, they said that this merchant had been flagged and mentioned that it was not due to fraud prevention nor credit limit restrictions.

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into similar issues recently.

BTW: Tried with my personal Chase WOH CC, Sapphire Preferred, and IHG Rewards credit cards.
It's likely flagged by Chase as a high risk for fraud. If it's your first visit, you may have to "season" the cards - starting at very low amounts like $1K or calling ahead of time to tell them you're going to make a large purchase. With time, the limits at Simon will increase.

Unfortunately Simon has a bizarre policy that if a card is declined, they won't let you run it again on the same day (even if you clear the block on the phone in front of them).
Old May 24, 2022, 5:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by danpeake
It's likely flagged by Chase as a high risk for fraud. If it's your first visit, you may have to "season" the cards - starting at very low amounts like $1K or calling ahead of time to tell them you're going to make a large purchase. With time, the limits at Simon will increase.

Unfortunately Simon has a bizarre policy that if a card is declined, they won't let you run it again on the same day (even if you clear the block on the phone in front of them).

However it will work if theres another Simon property near by
danpeake likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Chasepoints
For a moment, I thought WM, Publix, and Kroger were all alive again. Definitely takes the wind out of my sail. sigh...
Old May 27, 2022, 7:44 am

For anyone that has experience with both, I've got a local grocery store that I can use OD/OM Metas at to buy MOs. If that's the case, would SVGC work as well? I'm only asking because I don't have a Simon near me to get one to test so I wouldn't be able to get one until the next time I'm out of town near a Simon Center

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.