Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
OK, I should have followed this thread more closely. That said, how are people unloading debit cards now that Wal Mart MO deal is dead?
Originally Posted by robr
Good luck with that, I've been trying to find that out since WM closed this down and the only whiffs I've gotten involve specific geographic areas not local to me. You'll have better luck asking someone for the launch codes the president carries in the nuclear football. But I get it, every time word gets out, people on the internet can't shut up about it and get it shut down.
Sadly, the reason you are not finding out more on these threads is because the situation is very location dependent and in a constant state of flux. What might be true today can change overnight and DPs that are pertinent for location A may in fact be irrelevant for site B. The only way to know what is available is to do the footwork yourself. You may find a little mom and pop store that does WU MOs and will allow gebits to be used. When found, you may want to keep that information to yourself to prevent abuse and closure of the site. All very reasonable.

Originally Posted by soy
WM is not the only place to sell MO

However YMMV in your location and almost certainly you cannot scale like you could with WM. If you find a local MO vendor I suggest 1 MO single swipe
So true in all aspects. There are plenty of DPs out there indicating that WU and MG both monitor amounts of MOs being sold and even putting limits on these sales by a particular vendor. .

As the resources become more limited, one should keep an eye on their use, but unfortunately, there are those out there who live in and for the moment, and run the system at max. I am not saying that this is right or wrong, but simply another reason to keep personal local resources to yourself.
josh1573 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:17 am

Hey all - I'm not currently registered with the Simon gamer program, but am thinking of getting onboard with it. I see on their website that they mention they offer US Bank Mastercard gift cards. Does anyone know what the max value of those cards is? Or failing those, what the largest value MCGC you can get from them is?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by allthem
Hey all - I'm not currently registered with the Simon gamer program, but am thinking of getting onboard with it. I see on their website that they mention they offer US Bank Mastercard gift cards. Does anyone know what the max value of those cards is? Or failing those, what the largest value MCGC you can get from them is?
$500
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:28 pm

Awesome thank you Stosh! To clarify, is that a USBank card, or just a mastercard period?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Awesome thank you Stosh! To clarify, is that a USBank card, or just a mastercard period?
Mastercard in general. I inquired with the main office and they stated that $500 was highest denomination for MC
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stoshbygosh
$500
I thought Mastercards are limited to $250 at Simon. Unless they have a higher limit for volume customers.

Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:37 pm
soy

Programs: various
There was a 45% off promo running thru 11/12, anyone know the promo code ?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:39 pm

Why? 11/12 was almost a month ago.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:10 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Half White Boy Ricky
Why? 11/12 was almost a month ago.
DOH !

meant to be 12/11
Old Dec 11, 2021, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
I thought Mastercards are limited to $250 at Simon. Unless they have a higher limit for volume customers.
If you register and buy direct, the limit on each card is $1000.00.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:46 am

About to create an online account for the GC program but wanted to confirm, after I create an account I'll need to head to one of the B&M outlets in Bay Area and purchase 3x $1000 Visa cards? Will I need to provide any proof that I'm a business? I'll be using my Chase Ink Business Preferred card.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:10 pm

IIRC, you have to go to a store to confirm your ID. And you are limited to buying $500 max value cards in person. Once confirmed, you can then buy a $1K card via online.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Half White Boy Ricky
IIRC, you have to go to a store to confirm your ID. And you are limited to buying $500 max value cards in person. Once confirmed, you can then buy a $1K card via online.
I have no problem buying a $1000 SMGC at their office in the mall. I do them on a routine basis. Since I only do 1 at a time, I don't even need ID
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I have no problem buying a $1000 SMGC at their office in the mall. I do them on a routine basis. Since I only do 1 at a time, I don't even need ID
On your first visit, I thought there was a limit on each card, but I guess not. It is min $3K, max $10K. Here is the message I received in 09/21 when I registered as a new user. Unsure of needing to buy them now, as the buying WM MOs option with these has been eliminated. If there is another reason to buy them (other than meeting MSR), please let me know.

Thank you for interest in the Simon Giftcard Program as your source of Bulk Giftcard purchasing.

Due to recent developments, Simon is now requiring new customers that have not bought from us within the past 12 months to visit a Simon location to make an in-person purchase before we can approve you for online sales. Your account will be temporarily suspended until you have had the opportunity to make the in-person purchase. The Simon location will require you to complete a Consumer Order Form and to show your ID before you can make a purchase. Please let the Mall know you've already created an online profile.

A contactless form of payment is not permitted when completing this required transaction. Your name captured during the chip-read purchase is an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) guideline which requires financial services to make an effort in verifying the identity of the cardholder.

Once you have made a purchase, please let us know so we can verify the transaction and complete the approval process for online sales, a proof of address will also need to be sent to the Simon Home Office, an email will be sent outlining the required item once the on-mall purchase has been made.

Please note that Simon locations will have limited hours for Giftcard sales - typically Monday - Friday during office hours. Properties sell Simon Giftcards from the management office.

Live In-Person Purchase Transaction:

1. Locate a Simon center near you from www.simon.com

2. Select a date and time most convenient for you.

3. We encourage you to CALL FIRST to ensure the property is selling Giftcards (not every Simon location sells Giftcards) and that the center will be open to avoid an unnecessary trip. You should also ask for hours the property will be selling Giftcards and location of the management office. Phone numbers are listed with the mall addresses.

4. Make a minimum purchase of $3K, maximum of $10K, the form of payment must be in your name.

5. Notify us once you have made the transaction to reopen your online account.

Please do not visit a property without calling ahead the day you intend to visit to ensure the property is selling that day and so they can be ready once you arrive.

If you do not live close to a Simon location, we apologize, but we will not be able to approve you for online orders unless you can make a purchase at a Simon property. If you are traveling, please check to see if we have a location in the area where you could stop by to make a purchase. Simon locations are used to assisting customer's that do not live in their geographic area.

We hope that we can meet your Giftcard needs in the future and appreciate your cooperation and understanding with this requirement.

Special Offer:

·No Purchase Fees! Simon will waive all purchase fees (VISA CARDS ONLY) for the required live in-person purchase! Simply show this email. Limit One Transaction Only.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by baydude
About to create an online account for the GC program but wanted to confirm, after I create an account I'll need to head to one of the B&M outlets in Bay Area and purchase 3x $1000 Visa cards? Will I need to provide any proof that I'm a business? I'll be using my Chase Ink Business Preferred card.
I signed up earlier this year, and that was the process I had to go thru. Sign up on-line, wait to get an email saying go to a B&M outlet and buy at least $3000 in cards. No need to show I'm a business, though I think you have to use the same CC you signed up with. IIRC, I used a personal card and never claimed to be a business. Simon is very very MS friendly, and actually encourages it. After the 1 visit, you can do everything on-line after that.
baydude likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.