Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 23, 20, 1:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees











Print Wikipost

Old Nov 11, 20, 5:54 pm
  #1651  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by 808pineapple View Post
Dp today Albertsons 1k 1swipe good
Supporting DP: drained a $500 at Safeway today as well. Makes sense since they’re the same company; bummer since Safeway is much more “breakable” seeming than WMT. Looks like Blackhawk/Meta so far has just constrained swipes at Kroger and WMT. I haven’t tried a Walgreens kiosk in a while or Kmart BP since my local store closed, but those might be other options for “emergency” liquidation for those stuck with large quantities of SM cards.
doggiefizzle is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:04 pm
  #1652  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle View Post
Supporting DP: drained a $500 at Safeway today as well. Makes sense since they’re the same company; bummer since Safeway is much more “breakable” seeming than WMT. Looks like Blackhawk/Meta so far has just constrained swipes at Kroger and WMT. I haven’t tried a Walgreens kiosk in a while or Kmart BP since my local store closed, but those might be other options for “emergency” liquidation for those stuck with large quantities of SM cards.
Does Walgreens let your load a serve/bb with a Gc? Thought it was cash only
Taxiback is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:09 pm
  #1653  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Posts: 4,799
Just a DP
My grocery stores where I successfully unloaded Staples Metas (and was unsuccessful at WM) use WU and not MG, so I do not think that the block is at the bank level.
radonc1 is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:11 pm
  #1654  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Just a DP
My grocery stores where I successfully unloaded Staples Metas (and was unsuccessful at WM) use WU and not MG, so I do not think that the block is at the bank level.
it has to be WM since they block Bb and serve too not just Mo
Taxiback is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:17 pm
  #1655  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 125
Well it's a good thing there are no blogs or forums telling Meta and BHN where we buy our GC's, and how we liquidate them so that they can proceed to screw us all...oh wait .
cruisr likes this.
CerealCardSpender is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:33 pm
  #1656  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
Just a DP
My grocery stores where I successfully unloaded Staples Metas (and was unsuccessful at WM) use WU and not MG, so I do not think that the block is at the bank level.
Haven’t there been DPs of Metas failing at Kroger too? From what I understand, Kroger uses WU for Money Services, so it seemed like it might have been Blackhawk blocking the transaction. If I’ve misunderstood what’s been said about using Metas at Kroger, than it is most likely Metas have gone Vanilla at WMT.
doggiefizzle is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 6:36 pm
  #1657  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle View Post
Haven’t there been DPs of Metas failing at Kroger too? From what I understand, Kroger uses WU for Money Services, so it seemed like it might have been Blackhawk blocking the transaction. If I’ve misunderstood what’s been said about using Metas at Kroger, than it is most likely Metas have gone Vanilla at WMT.
Looks more like a coordinated effort to crack down on MS.
benny08 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 7:28 pm
  #1658  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,449
So has anyone had success unloading Meta’s at WU merchants?
TTT103 is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 7:37 pm
  #1659  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Posts: 4,799
Originally Posted by TTT103 View Post
So has anyone had success unloading Meta’s at WU merchants?
See post #1653
radonc1 is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 7:39 pm
  #1660  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,449
Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
See post #1653
Thanks for steering me in that direction. When I originally read your post, I misread it as stating that you “unsuccessfully” unloaded the cards at your local grocery store. Sorry about that.
TTT103 is online now  
Old Nov 11, 20, 9:08 pm
  #1661  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: All of them
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by TTT103 View Post
Thanks for steering me in that direction. When I originally read your post, I misread it as stating that you “unsuccessfully” unloaded the cards at your local grocery store. Sorry about that.
I too can still unload 1k at a time at a grocery chain that does WU. Doesn't mean anything though. WM was the heavy volume place and maybe that's where the shutdown was targeted to first. We'll see if reports start coming of grocery chains showing similar patterns.
littlewinglet is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 9:32 pm
  #1662  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 27
More dp from socal. went to my usual friendly WM and attempted to liquidate 4 meta gebits at 8am, No go.

went back at 7pm with different set of 4 gebits and SO had 4 too. We both got the beep. I even tried a different register and still got beeped.

This sucks!

Last edited by titanicMS; Nov 11, 20 at 9:40 pm
titanicMS is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:00 pm
  #1663  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Has anyone tried family dollar yet?
Taxiback is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:02 pm
  #1664  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: All of them
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by titanicMS View Post
More dp from socal. went to my usual friendly WM and attempted to liquidate 4 meta gebits at 8am, No go.

went back at 7pm with different set of 4 gebits and SO had 4 too. We both got the beep. I even tried a different register and still got beeped.

This sucks!
Which cards did you have? Bought from where?
littlewinglet is offline  
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:36 pm
  #1665  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 112
Originally Posted by titanicMS View Post
More dp from socal. went to my usual friendly WM and attempted to liquidate 4 meta gebits at 8am, No go.

went back at 7pm with different set of 4 gebits and SO had 4 too. We both got the beep. I even tried a different register and still got beeped.

This sucks!
Same here in Socal I tried to use my $200 staples card no go. This stinks
rocco24 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: