Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:59 pm

I had two different cards fail multiple times at Kroger this morning. Checked balance online and it didn't work. Call in for balance did work and showed the full amount remaining. Seems like it might be a network issue.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:41 pm

A lot of chatter about Kroger not working. Walmart is still working, but a lot of code 05 error, and you have to swipe multiple times. I think Simon knows what's going on, and that's why they been giving us these discount codes to drive up sales before the sh** really hits the fan.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by greatpaul
Any recent updates on the 05 errors at Walmarts? Not sure if I should order Simon cards with what's going on.
I had one card today fail persistently on 4+ attempts. This is from an in-mall batch I got yesterday. Others went through ok or at most from 2nd swipe. Definitely need to start carrying backups these days.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
everything worked fine on Sunday

Originally Posted by ketelone
1) 2 SMGC failed in 3 repeated swipes in local grocery albertsons where nothing ever failed before. The cards run fine with pin to buy groceries in regular checkout pinpad.
2) bought 2 metabank at the albertsons and they failed too. POS system update?

Also SMGC balance website not working intermittent
Just wanted to add that both the repeat failures SMGC cards (2 cards) finally ended up working without a hitch (on 1st try) at a walmart and a grocery store. the 2 metabank cards that kept failing also went fine on first try.

One coincidence is when the SMGC cards fail, sometimes the online balance website errors out too and only have to call to check balance. some special network issues? random ? who knows. Just keep backup guys.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:46 pm

Simon orders delivered today unable to activate. Apparently there are a number of us with this issue. Hopefully dont have to reissue or refund.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:00 pm

Went and bought a $1k Simon VGC today...BAU at a Walmart that I'm batting a thousand at
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:35 pm
ogg

I don't know why there are so many posts implying that the problem is tied to a specific card used and that having a backup card is helpful. It's not. If a card doesn't process on a swipe, it is no more or less likely to process on a second try than any other card you own. The failure to process is random and has nothing to do with the Simon card used. (There can be defective cards in a batch, of course, but this 05 problem is not that.)
Travelz likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:24 am

I was able to use one of the cards that failed at Kroger to load BB/Serve @ WM instead. These were the last two cards I had from a recent SM order of 15 cards. The other 13 went through no problem (some at Kroger, some at WM).
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by ogg
I don't know why there are so many posts implying that the problem is tied to a specific card used and that having a backup card is helpful. It's not. If a card doesn't process on a swipe, it is no more or less likely to process on a second try than any other card you own. The failure to process is random and has nothing to do with the Simon card used. (There can be defective cards in a batch, of course, but this 05 problem is not that.)
Yes, it is random, mall bought sgc, worked at kroger, failed at wm.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I will offer, and claim it definitively (since I have liquidated at least 100 cards, maybe more, since this started):

1) No problem with GC's from Staples
2) All Simon cards will eventually work. Going through the process slowly helps. Wait a few seconds before swiping. Wait a few more seconds before refusing cash back. Wait 15 seconds or more before entering PIN. It's random, so usually I go at "normal" speed for the first try, but then slow down if the card is rejected.

Remember that there is a max of 8 attempted swipes per transaction, after which the transaction will fail. So if you are doing a transaction requiring multiple cards, be cautious. For example, some of my transactions are 2x1000 Simons and 2x200 Staples. If the first Simon fails, I will do the next ones much more slowly because I can't "afford" four fails. If you were doing a transaction with 4x1000 Simon's, you'd want to be even more certain that you don't get multiple rejects.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, Southwest
I'm not sure these cards work at Kroger anymore. Had 2 separate cards fail at 2 different Krogers at least 3 bad swipes at each. Anyone successful at Kroger with these lately?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by XtraPerks
I'm not sure these cards work at Kroger anymore. Had 2 separate cards fail at 2 different Krogers at least 3 bad swipes at each. Anyone successful at Kroger with these lately?
I also was not able to get these to work at Kroger. I hit 3 different Krogers yesterday, with 3 different cards, and 2-3 swipes per card. Every time it gave a "Not Authorized" message.

Kroger has always been my go to place for liquidation because there are a bunch around me and it has always been so easy. I'll be bummed if they're no longer an option.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: none
Sad to say, i went 3 different Kroger on 3 different days last 7 days, tried 5 Simon 1k cards i bought 3 weeks at my mall, none working with error either not authorized or call card issuer something, checked online, all have full balance so far. I went Walmart one time and swapped 3 different card on same transaction, all error code 5 which no one understands what is it. I will stay away from simon card for a while, at least until i get rid of my 5 cards somehow.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:13 pm

I haven't had an issue with the errors lately. For the past week or so they've been working at Walmart, Kroger, and other locations without error codes. This included Kroger on the 30th of October.

I was having error issues earlier and I find it strange that they've gone away when other people seem to be having them more frequently.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tectomoc
I haven't had an issue with the errors lately. For the past week or so they've been working at Walmart, Kroger, and other locations without error codes. This included Kroger on the 30th of October.
I was having error issues earlier and I find it strange that they've gone away when other people seem to be having them more frequently.
I unloaded 8 SM 1000$ GC at various walmarts today. Only in 1 walmart I had 2 swipes fail and 3rd succeed. Rest walmarts all cards succeeded in first swipes. I had lots of issues last week. I feel its so random!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.