Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by ketelone
Apologize for the delay in response. Its Ontario Mills.
No worries. I’ll try to speak to the folks at Camarillo this week. Lot of WMs between there and my house, so I can unload the Staples VGCs I picked up this past week.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:08 am

10/26-31: 35% off all purchase fees when ordering Visas and Mastercards with promo code FS20SCARY
gm9928 and Travelz like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:17 am

Issue this morning with Simon applying the 35% off code (FS20SCARY). They stated it should be a couple of hours max until they straighten it out so that the code works properly.
808traveler likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:50 pm

Capital One called today regarding high activity on my Spark (business) Card.
They asked normal questions about my business. Then they asked a number of questions about why I was buying Simon gift cards and if they were debit cards.

I'm hoping they were just referencing the month's old "SIMON GC VOLUME" transactions from when the malls were closed and that I'll skate by this "review."
But warning to the rest of you, Capital One seems to be taking note of "SIMON GC VOLUME." To that end, you might want to avoid buying online.
cuthroat and 808traveler like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by KwintSommer
They asked normal questions about my business. Then they asked a number of questions about why I was buying Simon gift cards and if they were debit cards.

I'm hoping they were just referencing the month's old "SIMON GC VOLUME" transactions from when the malls were closed and that I'll skate by this "review."
But warning to the rest of you, Capital One seems to be taking note of "SIMON GC VOLUME." To that end, you might want to avoid buying online.
Are you cycling your CL?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:34 pm

Close your account, or they'll do it for you (eventually).
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Compfreak
I would 2nd that. Happened to me, and eventually I was kicked out. If you close it yourself and wait a little, you could theoretically get back in later and hope they forgot about you in their system. Otherwise it'll be a hard ban for a long time. not that it matters, most of their products suck.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Are you cycling your CL?
Yes, although I'd gotten away with it many times before.

Originally Posted by Compfreak
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I would 2nd that. Happened to me, and eventually I was kicked out. If you close it yourself and wait a little, you could theoretically get back in later and hope they forgot about you in their system. Otherwise it'll be a hard ban for a long time. not that it matters, most of their products suck.
What's the timeframe?
And were those business accounts?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:49 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
There was once a credit named Spark whose use one would have thought was a lark But

Cannot erase this bad post. Perhaps mods could help
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA

There once was a credit named Spark
Whose use one would have thought was a lark
But when the Rats did appear
The result was bad, I fear
For their bite left a gash on the card

I have seen this story play out a few times before. If you have any rewards, gather them now for like the biblical Egyptians, the metaphorical sea is going to be crashing in on your head
danpeake and Prometheus77 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:17 am

Yes, although I'd gotten away with it many times before.

What's the timeframe?
And were those business accounts?
Nobody knows the timeframe because they could have sped up their review process or started cracking down harder recently. I was shut down about 10 months after they questioned by GCM purchases. In the interim, I'd get random calls and emails from local Capone branch reps asking how my business was going and if they could help me with any loans. Probably trying to see if they can upsell me to something and make money off of me. When they couldn't, it was a shutdown.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Has there been any data points of people being able to get back in?

And CapOne will prob shut down all their accounts not just Spark, so if they're gonna go that route best to close all CapOne accounts.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Has there been any data points of people being able to get back in?

And CapOne will prob shut down all their accounts not just Spark, so if they're gonna go that route best to close all CapOne accounts.
I have seen some random posts, and emailed directly with a few people here who couldn't get in. No idea what the time limit is, but probably 4 or 5+ years.

And yes, once Capone bans you they will shut down everything. They even went after my 12-mo CD! I didn't think it was possible to have an issuer call a CD prematurely, but they did it AND tried to charge me early termination fee. Had to threaten CFBP with their minions to get the fees waived.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Any recent updates on the 05 errors at Walmarts? Not sure if I should order Simon cards with what's going on.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by greatpaul
Any recent updates on the 05 errors at Walmarts? Not sure if I should order Simon cards with what's going on.
I just got two 05 errors in a row an hour ago. Luckily I whipped out a backup card and it swiped on the first (3rd) swipe. I ran 4 x 200 Metas from Staples after that and all swiped fine.

This is from a new batch of online Simons I received two days ago.
cuthroat and Ms069279 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.