Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

This is the thread for 2019. The previous 2014 - 2015 is here, the 2016 edition here and the 2017 - 2018 thread is here.

tcook052
MS forum moderator
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Has anyone had any luck with SM that previously would not sell to you now being willing to? Maybe it is due to a change in management.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Has anyone had any luck with SM that previously would not sell to you now being willing to? Maybe it is due to a change in management.
I don't think I have read (any time recently at least) regarding a SM that was not friendly to "frequent and loyal customers". Maybe the occasional CSR that went off the reservation, but never a blanket ban!

Quite the contrary in my neck of the woods....One of the stores in my local area has a whole "loyalty" setup for those who purchase VGC regularly. Call aheads to prep cards, heads up on promos, etc.
Its a pretty symbiotic relationship - ease for me, more sales for them.

Which begs the question - what did one do to get on SM's bad side? Did you lie on their little info form they make you fill out and get caught?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
3 or 4 year ago my simon mall used to sell the cards out of kiosk in the middle of the mall and it was always busy and cumbersome to purchase a large amount
of cards due to the registration process but since them they move the sale of the cards to the mall offices and it has been great, I know all people in the office and
they are always asking me where am I going to go every year, they know about the hobby and they are always very eager to help, so no I never really have an issue with CSRs at my simon
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:14 pm

Anyone have a DP on hilton free weekend nights with $15k spend working when purchasing Simon GC at the mall?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:25 pm

This is a newb question... but do you guys buy vgcs directly from the reps or pick a packaged one from the rotating shelves?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by pao2dapao
Anyone have a DP on hilton free weekend nights with $15k spend working when purchasing Simon GC at the mall?
The answer is here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...2017-a-11.html
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by fishfly
This is a newb question... but do you guys buy vgcs directly from the reps or pick a packaged one from the rotating shelves?
directly from the reps
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
directly from the reps
Usually directly from the reps, but on occasion they are out of the loose cards and I have to grab a handful from the rotating shelf. I double check each package to make sure there are no signs of tampering when I use the prepackaged ones.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Which begs the question - what did one do to get on SM's bad side? Did you lie on their little info form they make you fill out and get caught?
They will ban people who buy more than $10k a day by going to multiple SM's.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
directly from the reps
Originally Posted by jtav559
Usually directly from the reps, but on occasion they are out of the loose cards and I have to grab a handful from the rotating shelf. I double check each package to make sure there are no signs of tampering when I use the prepackaged ones.
Pretty sure I saw one of us in front of me with a loong receipt and a stack of cards. Thought it was a pre-order or something. I had been pulling 3-4 cards from the rack, triple-checking if it had been tampered. Going to walk directly to the reps next time around. Thanks for the responses.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
In many cases, the CSR's will reserve their "private stock." The cards off the kiosk can only be loaded with $25+, but the loose cards the CSR's have can be loaded with less. So if they have a promo like "Buy a $50 gift card for Nike, get a $10 Simon Gift Card" they have to use their loose cards.

At my go-to SM, I hand the CSR my pre-printed form and ask if they need cards. They usually say yes, and I open up the kiosk and take two packages of 10 cards each.

Occasionally they say the cards can't be swiped, only scanned, which requires removing the perforated part of the back of the card package, and I do that for them.

I've never found a single SM that wasn't totally hospitable. One in Las Vegas even called me once to tell me their system was down and that they'd call me when it was back up, to save me a wasted trip. Only friction I've ever had was when I briefly had a corporate account and they shut me down, but we all know they shouldn't have given it to me in the first place.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Several dozen
Both.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
One in Las Vegas even called me once to tell me their system was down and that they'd call me when it was back up, to save me a wasted trip.
SM in DFW area did the same for me. Awesome customer service. Sometimes if I can tell they are having a rough day, I walk over to SBUX and bring them back a refreshment.
danpeake and Pittie Pup like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
SM in DFW area did the same for me. Awesome customer service. Sometimes if I can tell they are having a rough day, I walk over to SBUX and bring them back a refreshment.
For those who still have 5back cards with $26 on them: I'm sure your favorite SM rep would appreciate one, or a GC purchased with one ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.