Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Visited our local mall yesterday - was told that all $1K cards were pulled out on August 5. They did not extend the sale of them. Too sad.
I purchased $10K yesterday, 8/8.
satman40 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:28 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by jk2
They have lots of $500 VGCs. I asked specifically about $1K cards, and lady at customer service told me that they were instructed to remove all $1K cards, because the sale was ended.
still on sale today, CSR confirmed they will sell them thru the end of the month
satman40 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:59 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by TyPo311
That seems odd, I made a 1K purchase at my Simon Mall on the 6th. They also said the promotion would last to the end of the month... So maybe you just go someone uninformed?
everything is possible, however she was sounded quite knowledgeable. I'll call them next time, may be get different cashier.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Visited our local mall yesterday - was told that all $1K cards were pulled out on August 5. They did not extend the sale of them. Too sad.
Was able to buy $1K VGCs today. They are still available. You probably had bad luck with that representative.
satman40 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by LukFilm
How does BoA PR work with Simon? Ready to go balls deep.
I have both BOA Premium Rewards and Travel Rewards and have had no issues so far. I do charge non-MS expenses on the cards to make it look more "normal."
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:59 am

$1K GC's are definitely on sale. Occasionally information doesn't trickle down to the CSR's in a timely manner. When they started the promo, I called my SM and the CSR told me "no" but then I got a call from the manager saying "yes." It's also true that they can't use the J-hook cards off the kiosk; they can only use the loose cards. I have yet to go though when they didn't have enough loose cards, but they told me that one time they had to have someone bring more from the office. I don't sense that anyone below the corporate level knows why they're doing this, although they clearly have embraced our activities.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I don't know about DL Amex. However, Hilton Amex is a no-go with SMGCs as is the Amex Plat rewards program. You get nada.
If I were a betting man, I would probably say that DL Amex would be a no-go as well, but the best way to find out is to give it a test ....and then let us know the results
OLD NEWS

Last edited by Chelski; Nov 18, 2019 at 7:27 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:35 pm

I haven't tried this myself, but if you want to MS Amex cards, has anyone tried giftcardmall.com? It's true that the purchase fee is $2 higher, but they pay 1% on top of your CC CB if you go through the Rakuten portal, and also you can get that 1% as Amex MR points, which I think are worth more than a penny each.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
lot of 10 and 24 K sales in our area, so I am told, sale good till the end of the month,
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:28 am
jk2

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Was able to buy $1K VGCs today. They are still available. You probably had bad luck with that representative.
Yes, it is. Was shopping in the mall yesterday, stopped by, another CSR was working and confirmed that the sale is still going on. She told me their administration misinformed them. Purchased 3x$1K.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by redtop43
I haven't tried this myself, but if you want to MS Amex cards, has anyone tried giftcardmall.com? It's true that the purchase fee is $2 higher, but they pay 1% on top of your CC CB if you go through the Rakuten portal, and also you can get that 1% as Amex MR points, which I think are worth more than a penny each.
In general, my approach is to avoid Amex with this game unless someone reports otherwise (see below).

This is wacko, but for some reason, Amex Hilton still seems to work with Staples
In fact, I still have not figured out how they award points because I received more than 3 points per dollar spent last month, and I did not have any of the bonus categories such as Hilton itself or gas stations, restaurants or supermarkets.
I have not tested other Amex cards so this goes only for the Surpass card. (and you never know when things will go boing in the night )
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:43 am

AMEX is definitely dead with all things Simon, but it is still a major cog in the machine. it is ... until it isn't!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:02 pm

Problem today at Brea Mall with Barclay Lufty MC. 12K purchase was declined despite adequate credit limit and a large purchase notification being added minutes prior. When I called Barclay afterwards , they said it was a cash advance, not a purchase.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: Simon Malls
Simon Employee

Originally Posted by fishfly
This is a newb question... but do you guys buy vgcs directly from the reps or pick a packaged one from the rotating shelves?
I am a Simon employee and {REDACTED}
In my experience it all depends on persons preference. And whether they’re getting a Simon visa or a retailer card. If this t in my experience it all depends on persons preference. And whether they’re getting a Simon visa or a retailer card. If It’s Simon visa usually don’t get it from the reps. If it’s retailer cards they can grab it from the tower and bring it to the reps.

what kind of cars do you like?

wil
Ayase likes this.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Aug 16, 2019 at 11:28 pm Reason: no commercial solicitation permitted.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Simon Mall has extended the $1000 gift cards thru the end of Oct. I received the information directly from their corporate offices.
StartinSanDiego likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.