Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yaji
YMMV. BAU at a local Walmart here. Unloaded 10k in multiple transactions, 4/4/2, she even looked at the cards.
haha - yeah - sure
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
YMMV. BAU at a local Walmart here. Unloaded 10k in multiple transactions, 4/4/2, she even looked at the cards.
so 4K first with ID, another 4k with ID - reached 8k daily limit. what about the last 2k?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:20 pm

Do the 1K simons work with serve/bb?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by DBFL

Its definitely a local policy. Im just not sure if its certain parts of the county, the whole county, or the entire region. But both rejections were before any swipes. The CSRs immediately asked to see ID and the card I was using. And both specifically said they cant do Simon VGCs.
I bought another round of Simon cards. Ive liquidated a little over half so far using my usual grocery stores and one WMNM. The NM register asked for ID for a $1k MO. I gave the CSR my ID and there was no problem. Im not sure if Ill have to provide ID for every purchase there now, or if it was just random.
I have a few cards left that Im going to try at a regular WM further north when I head that way later this evening. Im more curious than anything at this point. I was hoping my new BB card would be here by now so I could test how they treat that, but I guess Ill have to wait for the next round of cards for that.
Yeah, for sure. I live in a small enough area that they don't really seem to care about much. Simon apparently has one other person that came in during this promo so far. Everyone else that buys that much is all corporate. Most grocery stores let me do whatever (Safeway for example, the manager said "as long as the ID matches his card, he can do 10k if he wanted to" after an employee asked specifically about credit cards), the Walmarts never ask questions. Only place I've ever been denied was at an Albertsons, and that was from buying the VGC, not even the MO. I've done a MO there before.

Originally Posted by beast7276
haha - yeah - sure
Want me to post my receipts? :P
Originally Posted by coolguy100
so 4K first with ID, another 4k with ID - reached 8k daily limit. what about the last 2k?

Told me there was a 10k limit and just went with it. Originally did 1k because it wasn't my normal Walmart, then she asked if it was "for credit card points, because someone else does it. If the money is staying with you that's fine". Came back in with the rest of the stack. Was surprising to find one this friendly. She seemed to know what MS is, but not the reason for it, and was perfectly fine with it. Even mentioned "it's nice when cashiers actually go through with everything and don't tie up your money for a few days, isn't it?"

Full order:
1k, tried 9k (knew it would deny) - canceled, 4k, 4k, 1k.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:38 pm

Yeah, for sure. I live in a small enough area that they don't really seem to care about much. Simon apparently has one other person that came in during this promo so far. Everyone else that buys that much is all corporate.
The Simon mall here has been slammed, but its a very densely populated area.
Theyve has so much volume that they have now started adding our info into the computer. When I went in yesterday the CSR said that after that visit I wouldnt have to fill out the purchase form. Once its in the computer they are keeping an authorization form in a binder at the desk. Also, when she handed me the clipboard with the forms it had a sticky note attached that said for gamers. As I was leaving, the guy behind me said to the CSR, Im here for the same thing as him. Still a very easy pleasant transaction.

As for WM, I went another three miles north and had no issues getting a MO. The CSR was new and even got help from the supervisor that was at the counter. Although I definitely cant do $8k (or $10k like you did) in a day without problems. Im definitely a bit envious about that. Im just going to have to play the BB/Serve game and hope to avoid the next round of shutdowns.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:22 pm

Yeah, for sure. I live in a small enough area that they don't really seem to care about much. Simon apparently has one other person that came in during this promo so far. Everyone else that buys that much is all corporate. Most grocery stores let me do whatever (Safeway for example, the manager said "as long as the ID matches his card, he can do 10k if he wanted to" after an employee asked specifically about credit cards), the Walmarts never ask questions. Only place I've ever been denied was at an Albertsons, and that was from buying the VGC, not even the MO. I've done a MO there before.

Told me there was a 10k limit and just went with it. Originally did 1k because it wasn't my normal Walmart, then she asked if it was "for credit card points, because someone else does it. If the money is staying with you that's fine". Came back in with the rest of the stack. Was surprising to find one this friendly. She seemed to know what MS is, but not the reason for it, and was perfectly fine with it. Even mentioned "it's nice when cashiers actually go through with everything and don't tie up your money for a few days, isn't it?"

Full order:
there are many reasons for MS.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:13 am

Is there a link or official statement from Simon Malls? I went to an SM yesterday and was told the $1k were only for corporate accounts and I couldn't buy them. Does anybody know what to say at that moment?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended

Full order:
1/4/4/1 is not 4/4/2
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Ftmember99
Is there a link or official statement from Simon Malls? I went to an SM yesterday and was told the $1k were only for corporate accounts and I couldn't buy them. Does anybody know what to say at that moment?
Ask if the manager heard anything about it (and to hear from them). They get a notification from corporate about it, then pass it on to the workers. They keep them in a lock box and only get so many a week, refilling on Mondays. It could be that either the person you were talking to hasn't heard anything yet (likely, it happened to me once), or that they ran out and only had the corporate 1k ones left.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Ftmember99
Is there a link or official statement from Simon Malls?
Nope.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:28 pm

Ask if the manager heard anything about it (and to hear from them). They get a notification from corporate about it, then pass it on to the workers. They keep them in a lock box and only get so many a week, refilling on Mondays. It could be that either the person you were talking to hasn't heard anything yet (likely, it happened to me once), or that they ran out and only had the corporate 1k ones left.
Thanks, I will try that.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:26 am

I hope Simon can continue selling 1K all the time, so I just sent a note to the rep at the mall. Maybe more of us can let them know we really like it.

TO Simon Mall

We were finally able to try out the 1K gift cards and really liked using them and we could come 2-3 times a week if you continue to sell them. We also order cards online from other sources, so it is hard to change our plan when there are sales at Simon, but if the mall can continue to sell 1K gift cards we would change all our plans and buy mostly from Simon.
Thank you
saint, gm9928 and ChrisFlyer66 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I called my local SM a few days before the promo started and they told me no about the promo, but then I got a call from the manager there saying yes, it's on. I was out of town so couldn't use it (although I did pick up a batch at the mall where I was staying) but I'll hit them at least twice, maybe three times if my credit limits can handle it, before it ends. Unfortunately I think it ends on a Tuesday. Payments I make Saturday/Sunday/Monday don't post until Tuesday night. So I'm trying to accelerate a bit of my "rinse and repeat" cycle to make stuff post by the end of this week.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
I called my local SM a few days before the promo started and they told me no about the promo, but then I got a call from the manager there saying yes, it's on. I was out of town so couldn't use it (although I did pick up a batch at the mall where I was staying) but I'll hit them at least twice, maybe three times if my credit limits can handle it, before it ends. Unfortunately I think it ends on a Tuesday. Payments I make Saturday/Sunday/Monday don't post until Tuesday night. So I'm trying to accelerate a bit of my "rinse and repeat" cycle to make stuff post by the end of this week.

It ends on Aug 4, a Sunday.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Unfortunately I think it ends on a Tuesday. Payments I make Saturday/Sunday/Monday don't post until Tuesday night. So I'm trying to accelerate a bit of my "rinse and repeat" cycle to make stuff post by the end of this week.
It goes through next Sunday Aug. 4th.

Edit: Did not see shadow520's post above for some reason. Sorry for the duplicate info.

Last edited by knopfler; Jul 28, 2019 at 6:32 pm Reason: Saw the info I posted was already posted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.