Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jtav559
I don't think I have read (any time recently at least) regarding a SM that was not friendly to "frequent and loyal customers". Maybe the occasional CSR that went off the reservation, but never a blanket ban!

Quite the contrary in my neck of the woods....One of the stores in my local area has a whole "loyalty" setup for those who purchase VGC regularly. Call aheads to prep cards, heads up on promos, etc.
Its a pretty symbiotic relationship - ease for me, more sales for them.

Which begs the question - what did one do to get on SM's bad side? Did you lie on their little info form they make you fill out and get caught?
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.

Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week at another simon mall close to my office. Then, the day I posted my question, I had been to the old mall and after speaking to an employee at the kiosk she said I could care less what you do with them, it is not my business and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. So now I buy from that one close to my house and then next day the other one close to my office...every other day.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
No I did not. Just had a customer service manager that required a form for anything over ONE thousand per day and limited to 3k per day. Then, one afternoon I went in and she called me a gamer and said she would not permit any employees to sell to me.

Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week at another simon mall close to my office. Then, the day I posted my question, I had been to the old mall and after speaking to an employee at the kiosk she said I could care less what you do with them, it is not my business and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. So now I buy from that one close to my house and then next day the other one close to my office...every other day.
"Gamer" is the term Simon uses for us, so if she meant it in corporate speak, that was an odd excuse to ban someone.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Just asking: When she required the form, and imposed the limit, did you kind of get up in her grill, like "it's not required!" and "you're violating my rights!" ?
Also, as mentioned, "gamers" is simply what SM calls us, and generally welcomes us with open arms -- as long as we play nice.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by tuphat
Just asking: When she required the form, and imposed the limit, did you kind of get up in her grill, like "it's not required!" and "you're violating my rights!" ?
Also, as mentioned, "gamers" is simply what SM calls us, and generally welcomes us with open arms -- as long as we play nice.
No. I was very polite and filled it out without saying a word because I usually always buy more than 3k per trip so I would have had to fill it out anyway. I had no issue with doing the form. She just didn't like the fact that I was gaming the system according to her. It is over now because this mall will sell to me now......I just thought it was strange that she had such a bad attitude about it.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
They will ban people who buy more than $10k a day by going to multiple SM's.
They will check for this, too. My regular reps tell me when they are called by other SMs to verify that I didn't do over 10K.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:43 am

For those who still have 5back cards with $26 on them: I'm sure your favorite SM rep would appreciate one, or a GC purchased with one ...
LOL I'm still draining those. That was quite a deal.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:47 am

Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're all gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?... Come on, Yolanda, what's Fonzie like?!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:32 pm

For those who still have 5back cards with $26 on them: I'm sure your favorite SM rep would appreciate one, or a GC purchased with one ...
take the 5Bs to Lowe’s and get another 5%. I unloaded 120 of those at Lowe’s a couple years ago.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
I hope Simon mall continues to provide deals for GC purchase from time to time.....
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Jules: Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're all gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like?... Come on, Yolanda, what's Fonzie like?!
He's cool. What's in the briefcase?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: none
5 back

regarding 5 back card., i think that's thing in the past, lowes or cvs no longer on the list

Last edited by mySimon411; Jan 18, 2019 at 9:07 am Reason: error
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:30 pm

The limit for in person gift card purchases at Simon mall is going up to 25,000 per day. You must provide your Social Security number.
danpeake likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by Chelski

take the 5Bs to Lowe’s and get another 5%. I unloaded 120 of those at Lowe’s a couple years ago.
Why not go to OD, get 5X, buy a Lowes GC , USE an EBay Lowes Mover Coupon get 10% off, and never pay a dime for the GC.

You can use your SMGC to pay your LAR @ Lowes.

Works for me..
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Melanion90
The limit for in person gift card purchases at Simon mall is going up to 25,000 per day. You must provide your Social Security number.
I was told no SSN if you keep the total at $10k or less. Only needed if you go over $10k. $25k would save me some trips but I'll probably stick with the $10k.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

Does simon.com considered "online shopping" 3% cat for boa cash reward? I didn't see people talking about it so wasn't sure if I had missed anything... Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.