Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available thru 31 Oct 2019. Announcement received 21 Aug 2019.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: UA,AA,Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy platinum
it shows up as shopping on my FU card
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:20 pm

Programs: Shamelessly still Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold
Is Amex the only one not awarding spending bonus for Simon Mall physical Visa GC purchases?
Old Feb 16, 19, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Melanion90 View Post
You're right, it's not a competitive price, it's the ONLY price for any real volume of MS. Sure, the fees are too high for the people that do small volume, but for the hard hitters its the only real option.

It's in effect in MI for those of us that used to do 10k, should be in effect for everyone this week.
These days it's getting more and more difficult to convert GCs into cash. BPs and MOs are the only option. How many MOs can you deposit into your bank accounts without getting shut down? And BPs are limited to $8K a month. This is why I don't buy SM GCs anymore. $3.95 is not a competitive price. Too expensive, too much work, and a too small profit.

GCs at WMNM are only $1 more and you earn 5%, GCs at OD/OM are also in a 5% category. Going through a portal and buying GCM GCs are a good option too.

Old Feb 16, 19, 7:02 pm

Whatís a good cc that gets a category bonus at SM online? If such a thing doesnít exist, is doing all this for 1x-2x really worth it?

Last edited by Heliface; Feb 16, 19 at 7:11 pm
Old Feb 16, 19, 10:28 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by Heliface View Post
Whatís a good cc that gets a category bonus at SM online? If such a thing doesnít exist, is doing all this for 1x-2x really worth it?
This thread is about simon mall purchases In person, not online.
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by neuma1bm2 View Post
what credit card do you buy them with?
v, Mc, am3x and d1sc
Old Feb 17, 19, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zgirl View Post

These days it's getting more and more difficult to convert GCs into cash. BPs and MOs are the only option. How many MOs can you deposit into your bank accounts without getting shut down? And BPs are limited to $8K a month. This is why I don't buy SM GCs anymore. $3.95 is not a competitive price. Too expensive, too much work, and a too small profit.

GCs at WMNM are only $1 more and you earn 5%, GCs at OD/OM are also in a 5% category. Going through a portal and buying GCM GCs are a good option too.

thatís the million $ Q... done >7 figures in a single acct <12mon.
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Nat'l EE, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by Zgirl View Post

These days it's getting more and more difficult to convert GCs into cash. BPs and MOs are the only option. How many MOs can you deposit into your bank accounts without getting shut down?
High 6 figures annually into one WF acct. No issues to speak of. But, I do try and keep large deposits (Over 3k in a single transaction, my definition) to a minimum. I stay in the nice pocket of $1-2.5K per deposit - plus that amount is my usual daily churn of VGC into MO.
Old Feb 19, 19, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jtav559 View Post
High 6 figures annually into one WF acct. No issues to speak of. But, I do try and keep large deposits (Over 3k in a single transaction, my definition) to a minimum. I stay in the nice pocket of $1-2.5K per deposit - plus that amount is my usual daily churn of VGC into MO.
For your math to work, you'd have to be doing business almost 365 days a year. You could achieve same results with less daily effort, IMHO. Respectfully submitted.
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:45 pm

Programs: MileagePLUS, AAdvantage, TrueBlue
My friendly SM CSR let me know this on my most recent visit. I still keep to my normal order of 19 x $500 ($9,575.05) because I do not want to provide my SSN and DOB to just have it floating around on a piece of paper. My SM is about 10 minutes from my house, so I can always make multiple trips in a month if I need to. I know others have to drive further, so they may feel differently.
Old Feb 24, 19, 5:06 pm

Just curious, for all the heavy hitters out there, what cost per point do you guys draw the line at? I never know how much detail to go into, but tl;dr I'm at $1.95 per 2500 UR depending on the quarter, and $4.05 per 1500 UR any day of the year. That's paying 0.078cpp and 0.27cpp respectively.
Old Feb 26, 19, 9:43 pm
Suspended

MySM is now allowing >$10k. Was nice not having to do $421 anymore. $24k a trip now
Old Feb 26, 19, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mcdg View Post
Just curious, for all the heavy hitters out there, what cost per point do you guys draw the line at? I never know how much detail to go into, but tl;dr I'm at $1.95 per 2500 UR depending on the quarter, and $4.05 per 1500 UR any day of the year. That's paying 0.078cpp and 0.27cpp respectively.
depends upon the points and expected value of use.
Old Feb 27, 19, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
MySM is now allowing >$10k. Was nice not having to do $421 anymore. $24k a trip now
I don't like the $421 cards, but I do it because it helps the CSR's out when the sell cards that are under $475.
Old Feb 28, 19, 5:36 am

Favorite 3x card is coding as 1% online now. Can anyone confirm if thatís also the case in the brick and mortar mall?

Search this Thread