Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Simons are Metabank cards. So things are similar to VGC purchases made from GCM.com.

Try the web: mygift.giftcardmall.com
Why have I never thought about this?? Thanks a ton!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: UR and MR
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
MB's new PIN changing voice system is soo annoying now with so many words and takes forever to go through the different prompts. I am not sure why MB decided to make it so cumbersome to listen.
I just experienced this today. Worst change to MB ever.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:58 pm
ogg

I don't understand why you'd spend so much time changing PINs on these cards. How hard is it to remember a four digit PIN for a few seconds after you swipe it, when you have the card in your hand and can swipe it again if you type the wrong PIN? The WM CSR processing your transaction knows you're using multiple debit cards, so where does this fear of having the CSR see you look at a card briefly come from?
AzLarry, gm9928, cuthroat and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by ToastedSi
I just experienced this today. Worst change to MB ever.
Gotta agree. It's a painfully bad user experience, really really awful. Whoever scripted and supervised this change should find other work.
ToastedSi likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ogg
I don't understand why you'd spend so much time changing PINs on these cards. How hard is it to remember a four digit PIN for a few seconds after you swipe it, when you have the card in your hand and can swipe it again if you type the wrong PIN? The WM CSR processing your transaction knows you're using multiple debit cards, so where does this fear of having the CSR see you look at a card briefly come from?
when using the SM 1ks you are correct, but when using the 500s or 200s (especially) theres a bigger chance of messing up the Pin and the last thing you want to do is look at the card. By having the same pin# you wont run into that, and boy did I used to run into that
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:28 am
ogg

Originally Posted by craz
when using the SM 1ks you are correct, but when using the 500s or 200s (especially) theres a bigger chance of messing up the Pin and the last thing you want to do is look at the card. By having the same pin# you wont run into that, and boy did I used to run into that
Again, why is "the last thing you want to do is look at the card"? I don't get it. And why is it any harder to remember for a few seconds a four digit number for a $200 card than for a $1k card?
farwest101 and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:10 am

Anybody have a preference of the best card to use for Simon? Chase Freedom Unlimited seems to be a great choice with the 1.5x earnings, especially since most of us know AMEX counts as zero
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ogg
Again, why is "the last thing you want to do is look at the card"? I don't get it. And why is it any harder to remember for a few seconds a four digit number for a $200 card than for a $1k card?

It all depends where I am and what Im using eg a 1k card at Wally 1 swipe no problem using last 4, a 500 card at Wally 1 swipe 1 MO no problem, could be 2 cards 2 swipes is also doable, but once I go beyond 2 cards I prefer the same # its easier, especially if a card isnt working all I need to do is a fast switch , cant be done if you didnt expect that and dont know the last 4

a 200 card 1 swipe no problem but at Wally its usually 4 cards4 swipes want 1 pin, 200s at my other outlet 2 swipes and getting 2 MOs want same pin alot easier

Id rather be prepared and have no problems then to have a problem come up and now somehow have to find out the last 4, also the smoothier it goes the least chance the csr smells something
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by History05
Anybody have a preference of the best card to use for Simon? Chase Freedom Unlimited seems to be a great choice with the 1.5x earnings, especially since most of us know AMEX counts as zero
why isnt any 2% not better?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by craz
why isnt any 2% not better?
Sorry, I should've stated that I'm more interested in earning points than cash back. My bad. Chase freedom unlimited can be converted to Chase ultimate Rewards points, that's why I was suggesting that card. I'd like AMEX points as well, but I don't know any AMEX cards that count Simon spending.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:16 pm

Sorry, I should've stated that I'm more interested in earning points than cash back. My bad. Chase freedom unlimited can be converted to Chase ultimate Rewards points, that's why I was suggesting that card. I'd like AMEX points as well, but I don't know any AMEX cards that count Simon spending.
The Citi DC will be excellent choice as well when you are able to convert at a 1:1 ratio to Citi Thank you points.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:14 am

Thanks! Anybody have any luck buying Simon cards with a Citi card? I thought I heard Citi wasn't crediting points for Simon purchases...same way AMEX has stopped awarding points for them
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks! Anybody have any luck buying Simon cards with a Citi card? I thought I heard Citi wasn't crediting points for Simon purchases...same way AMEX has stopped awarding points for them
I haven't done much heavy volume there but CB and AA miles posted with no problem.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
As you noted later you're looking for Chase UR points, so that's probably good. However I have cards giving 2.0, 2.1, 2.625, and 3% cashback.

If you want Amex points, consider using Rakuten as a portal to Giftcardmall.com. The purchase fee is higher ($5.95 vs. $3.95) and you have to buy in batches of 3 or less to evade punitive shipping charges, but you can get your standard CB PLUS 100 Amex MR points per dollar spent.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:15 pm

I forgot all about the Rakuten AMEX change now. Thanks! Anybody try the Rakuten Credit card that could get 4x AMEX points through the portal and giftcardmall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.