Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FreakingFlyer
When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2019 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
Google "Alex Darr"
Thanks for the shout out Zgirl! I wish I had the bandwidth to spend more time here, and I really appreciate the shout outs from past clients and others who know me.

If I can ever be of help, please feel free to shoot me a message or an email.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:58 pm

Got shutdown by WF today after 5 years of teller only MO deposits.
Lately averaging about $15k per week of WUs and MGs
only one deposit per week
they are closing all my accounts: CCs, checking acts personal and business
maybe bigger volume this year vs last
suggestions for alternatives?

Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Thefirst
Thanks - I just checked and I've been averaging ~$20k / month for about 2 years now, 100% via ATM deposits. No letters yet!
those are also my stats for WF MO volume.

curious for other DPs out there w/ WF MO depo volume. would like to know if ~20k/mo MO depo is "dangerous". basically its over 200k/yr so a little shocking maybe? nothing like 77k/mo, but would be nice to hear a few other DPs to get a feel for whats possible.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Feb 20, 2019 at 8:55 pm
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
those are also my stats for WF MO volume.

curious for other DPs out there w/ WF MO depo volume. would like to know if ~20k/mo MO depo is "dangerous". basically its over 200k/yr so a little shocking maybe? nothing like 77k/mo, but would be nice to hear a few other DPs to get a feel for whats possible.
I was going all out with 5/3 without issues... until I broke 100k in a single month. Not sure what truly got me backed off (I wasn't shut down), but I wasn't surprised when I realized the volume I had deposited.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Melanion90
I was going all out with 5/3 without issues... until I broke 100k in a single month. Not sure what truly got me backed off (I wasn't shut down), but I wasn't surprised when I realized the volume I had deposited.
appreciate the info. pretty sure 100k in one month would get noticed at any bank. so you didnt get shut down? or you mean they gave you a call to stop?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:47 am

appreciate the info. pretty sure 100k in one month would get noticed at any bank. so you didnt get shut down? or you mean they gave you a call to stop?
The manager told me that the risk department said to stop or have my account closed. Since MS is all I use the account for (which the manager knew), she said I can start depositing the MOs again in a few months and they probably won't be watching anymore.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Melanion90
The manager told me that the risk department said to stop or have my account closed. Since MS is all I use the account for (which the manager knew), she said I can start depositing the MOs again in a few months and they probably won't be watching anymore.
thank you again. i like your story because ive heard a few DPs about smaller regional banks being OK with MO depo after full disclosure and conversations about what is going on. wish this was the case with WF and chase.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:35 pm

thank you again. i like your story because ive heard a few DPs about smaller regional banks being OK with MO depo after full disclosure and conversations about what is going on. wish this was the case with WF and chase.
I did something similar with a local, one branch bank. Told the manager from day one what I was doing, gave them a crash course on the concept of "fake spend for miles." I was able to do around 5k no issue for like half a year. Then I crossed 10k, and they told me their risk team didn't like what they saw and asked me to stop. I promptly closed. But yeah, sometimes upfront honesty is good, but it still has limits.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
I did something similar with a local, one branch bank. Told the manager from day one what I was doing, gave them a crash course on the concept of "fake spend for miles." I was able to do around 5k no issue for like half a year. Then I crossed 10k, and they told me their risk team didn't like what they saw and asked me to stop. I promptly closed. But yeah, sometimes upfront honesty is good, but it still has limits.
thank you for sharing. 10k always seems to be a key threshold number.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by guywhocan

Wow - you mean you would come in with 15 MOs and deposit them all at once with the teller? That's --- amazing. I do like 4K a week spread over 3 banks so that it's never a crazy amount, but I guess I'm just a small fish out there vs. the hardcore MS people.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by guywhocan

Were you depositing into your personal or business checking?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by pancakeman27
Wow - you mean you would come in with 15 MOs and deposit them all at once with the teller? That's --- amazing. I do like 4K a week spread over 3 banks so that it's never a crazy amount, but I guess I'm just a small fish out there vs. the hardcore MS people.
That's not totally outlandish for WF. I've done 20-30k deposits at times, and back in the days of unrestricted 5x MS, 300-400k a month is normal. Something else must have been a trigger in this case, that made it appear suspcious.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:26 pm

how long is chase shutdown?

trying to figure out if it's worth trying a mailer for Ink Preferred!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
Were you depositing into your personal or business checking?
Personal.

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't the volume that got me shut down. I had cancelled and requested a replacement debit card a couple of weeks earlier. Maybe that put risk dept. eyes on the account. I had a great relationship with the WF branch folks. Will try switching to more mobile deposits/ATMs and less tellers in the future.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by c2d

yes, stay away from any GC or MS for the minimum spend for Amex cards. Otherwise you run a significant risk of Amex denying you the sign up bonus.
Meh. Grocery is ok, gc.com won't unlock the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.