Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Topcashback & Simplilearn - Clarification needed

Old Nov 28, 18, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

I am hoping someone can help clarify as am a TCB novice and this info will help me save a decent amount. This is not related to manufactured spending , but an avenue to earn cashback, so hope its allowed to stay here.

I am looking to join a course thru simplilearn. Currently TCB pays 10% cashback and considering the course is $1299, thats $129 cashback and hence want to be sure its tracked properly !
When I click on simplilearn from tcb login, it takes me to general landing page for simplilearn. When I search for the course, it opens a new window to show me course details and from where I can enrol.

My query is as a new window is opened for the course details and enrolment, will that be tracked properly or is there some additional steps / precautions I need to take?

Thx, Abhi
Old Nov 28, 18, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
I am hoping someone can help clarify as am a TCB novice and this info will help me save a decent amount. This is not related to manufactured spending , but an avenue to earn cashback, so hope its allowed to stay here.

I am looking to join a course thru simplilearn. Currently TCB pays 10% cashback and considering the course is $1299, thats $129 cashback and hence want to be sure its tracked properly !
When I click on simplilearn from tcb login, it takes me to general landing page for simplilearn. When I search for the course, it opens a new window to show me course details and from where I can enrol.

My query is as a new window is opened for the course details and enrolment, will that be tracked properly or is there some additional steps / precautions I need to take?

Thx, Abhi
does it have a cart? so that when you click on the link from TCB, all you need to do is pay.
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post
does it have a cart? so that when you click on the link from TCB, all you need to do is pay.
Nope, no cart
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE

So, I decided to use TCB to buy a training course from simplilearn. As mentioned earlier, simplilearn was opening a new browser window as soon as we selected the course.
Today, after 3 days of paying for the course, I see that it has tracked properly and shows as outstanding in the tcb site.

Thought of updating for the benefit of others.
mia and hi55us like this.
Old Dec 6, 18, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
Thought of updating for the benefit of others.
I, for one, appreciate the DP. I've used TCB pretty often, but never ran into the new window situation. Good to know that'll it'll track.
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
I, for one, appreciate the DP. I've used TCB pretty often, but never ran into the new window situation. Good to know that'll it'll track.
Same here, I was not sure it would track or not and hence kept a video of the whole process.. pleasantly surprised it tracked and it was ~ $100 cb , so not a small amount