FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Home Depot & vgc (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1940966-home-depot-vgc.html)

Klemhuzzah Nov 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Home Depot & vgc

Does Home Depot carry $200 vgc or mc? I stopped in earlier today and the max I saw was $100. Before I go driving from hd to hd, I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my time.

Prometheus77 Nov 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 30437915)
Does Home Depot carry $200 vgc or mc? I stopped in earlier today and the max I saw was $100. Before I go driving from hd to hd, I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my time.

Only $100 ones in my area.

Tectomoc Nov 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Same. It is only 100$ here.

Klemhuzzah Nov 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks for the DPs. I was hoping to take advantage of the upcoming Staple's Happy gc sale, specifically the Happy Guy, but I'm not sure it's worth it for just $100 cards.

Prometheus77 Nov 17, 2018 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 30438244)
Thanks for the DPs. I was hoping to take advantage of the upcoming Staple's Happy gc sale, specifically the Happy Guy, but I'm not sure it's worth it for just $100 cards.

Ya. It's not worth the effort for me either.

Bigzamboni Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am

Do returns at Home Depot automatically go back to the card originally used or do they ask you to swipe/insert a card for returns like some retailers seem to?

Asking for a friend.

thebat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni (Post 30439648)
Do returns at Home Depot automatically go back to the card originally used or do they ask you to swipe/insert a card for returns like some retailers seem to?

Asking for a friend.

They go back to the card the the purchase was made on. No swipe needed.

Klemhuzzah Nov 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 30438244)

Plan B didn't work either. Happy Guy works at Autozone. There's another thread that says Autozone sells vgc around Christmas. Just checked, and they're not selling them. Maybe it's not close enough to Christmas yet, but Staple's sale won't last that long.

Prometheus77 Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 30439882)
Plan B didn't work either. Happy Guy works at Autozone. There's another thread that says Autozone sells vgc around Christmas. Just checked, and they're not selling them. Maybe it's not close enough to Christmas yet, but Staple's sale won't last that long.

Your post prompted me to check the Autozone near me and they DID have variable load Vanilla VGCs are the rack. They must have been there for a while too based on the layer of dust on them. I don't think they sell many of them there. Might have to grab a Happy Guy card tomorrow and head back there.

Klemhuzzah Nov 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Lucky! Maybe I'll go check a few more Autozones and hope they're not all like the closest one.

Melanion90 Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

I was going to try out the happy guy GCs but my Staples only had the $25 version. Did anyone find larger denoms?

Klemhuzzah Nov 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Melanion90 (Post 30446880)
I was going to try out the happy guy GCs but my Staples only had the $25 version. Did anyone find larger denoms?

Same here. Only $25 cards.