Phooey! My secret plan didn't work.

Old Oct 13, 18, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Phooey! My secret plan didn't work.

As some of you may know, One Vanilla Mastercards from Sam's Club can be hard to liquidate. I was hoping if I add it to Samsung Pay the grocery store POS might let it go through and let me buy a money order. Don't know if that'll work, since Samsung Pay would even let me add it to my wallet. Google Pay (previously known as Android Pay) let me add it, but said it can only work for online purchases, not in-store. I don't have an iPhone, so I can't try Apple Pay.
Old Oct 14, 18, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
As some of you may know, One Vanilla Mastercards from Sam's Club can be hard to liquidate. I was hoping if I add it to Samsung Pay the grocery store POS might let it go through and let me buy a money order. Don't know if that'll work, since Samsung Pay would even let me add it to my wallet. Google Pay (previously known as Android Pay) let me add it, but said it can only work for online purchases, not in-store. I don't have an iPhone, so I can't try Apple Pay.
It most likely wont work with AP too. The issuer needs to support mobile payments.

All mobile payments use a different number and GP probably works for online only because it uses the same number.
Old Oct 14, 18, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, the "use a different number" was why I was hoping the POS wouldn't see the card as a OV Mastercard. It was a longshot, but worth a try. It just caught me by surprise when the wallet stopped me.

Fortunately, I found a nearby grocer that will take them for MO.
Old Oct 15, 18, 9:45 am

"My secret plan didn't work."
Sorta like the plan to have Mexico pay for the wall, by giving us their credit card number.
Old Oct 15, 18, 11:57 am
Original Poster

I've been authorized to tell you that if my secret plan had worked, it would still be secret.