FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   CardHungry.com - anyone try? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1935030-cardhungry-com-anyone-try.html)

Frugal_I_Am Oct 11, 2018 8:40 am

CardHungry.com - anyone try?

Read at another site. Anyone try cardhungry.com for discount gift cards?
They posted a 15OFF coupon for 15% off additional

Will see what happens. These will come in handy for black friday shopping.

Klemhuzzah Oct 11, 2018 9:01 am

Reviews say the website was just registered yesterday. They could be doing a promo to build a base, but the phrase "too good to be true" comes to mind. I think I'll play it safe and let it age a little before I give them credit card info.

Frugal_I_Am Oct 11, 2018 9:27 am

I have pulled the trigger and ordered some cards. Let's wait and see.
I was able to get in touch with someone via email and received some responses.

Wonko Oct 11, 2018 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah (Post 30303675)
Reviews say the website was just registered yesterday.

And the user just joined FT today.

Prometheus77 Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko (Post 30304039)
And the user just joined FT today.

Surprised they didn't throw in a "My purchase coded as 3X on my CIP" claim to further pump up the site.

Frugal_I_Am Oct 12, 2018 6:58 am

I posted what I thought was a good deal. I got in an email.
If not interested, then no need for a negative comment.

I'm aware of Flyertalk and have browsed these forums many times in the past few years. I have even registered before but could not remember my login/email used, hence a new account was created.

dealhunter32 Oct 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Why are the rates so low? How can they / why would they sell $100 Visa cards for 9% off? It seems you could just buy those and then buy MOs with them... They probably don't work at Walmart but maybe at regional grocery stores.

beast7276 Oct 12, 2018 6:34 pm

If it's too good to be true ......

dealhunter32 Oct 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by beast7276 (Post 30309426)
If it's too good to be true ......

... I would not even have gone to Office Depot when they were offering $20 off $100 on MasterCards last year.

Mamibear Oct 12, 2018 6:55 pm

When do you ship? All orders are shipped within 10-12 business days after order is placed. All orders are shipped via USPS. Some orders may take longer and we will update you immediately if that is the case.
ding! ding! ding! why does it take over two weeks to ship?

beast7276 Oct 13, 2018 7:58 am

Originally Posted by dealhunter32 (Post 30309475)
... I would not even have gone to Office Depot when they were offering $20 off $100 on MasterCards last year.

you’re going to compare Office Depot and cardhungry.coom? Feel free to throw away your cash, not my concern.

Mamibear Oct 13, 2018 12:49 pm

My friend asked them the bank that issues their VGC and she was told they're OVs. It's odd they won't say whether issuer is MB or Bancorp. Those who cannot drain OVs, make sure to know what you're buying especially if it's for MS purposes. They do NOT offer refunds. She got the reply from Mehul Shah, the one who who posted code on FB that OP shared above. I'm not sure if they're the same person who came here to promote his site to generate sales.

Caveat emptor!

Frugal_I_Am Oct 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by dealhunter32 (Post 30309329)
Why are the rates so low? How can they / why would they sell $100 Visa cards for 9% off? It seems you could just buy those and then buy MOs with them... They probably don't work at Walmart but maybe at regional grocery stores.

I hope to find out soon how they work.

Mamibear Oct 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by dealhunter32 (Post 30309329)

If it's true they're OneVanillas, most can't use them at WM that's why MSers should ask them the issuer because if they're like the ones sold at Sam's, they may be PITA to drain. Now, if they refuse to reveal the bank that issues them, that should make the buyer think more than twice if these are legit GCs.

I don't think it's a smart idea to wait to use them online sometime later especially for VGCs, the funds may have been hacked if they're not drained immediately.

BigDawgFT Oct 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Their discounts are way too low to market. Just smells bad. Also, the terms and conditions refer to a "Return Policy" but I have not been able to locate one on the website.

Further, on the FAQs, under refunds, they note: "If for some reason you change your mind on a gift card, we can exchange a non-used gift card for another of the same value." So, does that mean I can buy a $100 PFChang for $75, and then switch it for a $100 Visa???