do HOA fees qualify for any bonus categories?

Old Oct 8, 18, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy gold. hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX, Citi
do HOA fees qualify for any bonus categories?

My HOA switched to a new company where I can pay my dues for an entire year for roughly .4% which is awesome. Which CC should I put it on? Would this hit bonus categories on any cards?

Amex Everyday
Amex Hilton
Chase Freedom
CIti TY

I'm omitting poor earning cards like Chase IHG, BA, IB or Citi AA

Looking for points, not any of the cash back cards unless there's some sort of bonus structure that would yield on the full charge and not just the first $XXX.

I don't have any new cards or spend bonuses to meet, so I guess this would be normal spend.

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 18, 3:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Nat'l EE, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
All depends on how your HOA is coded with the card processor they use.

Likely going to be the base earning rate for "MISC- SERVICES" or "PROFESSIONAL/LEGAL SERVICES" or "REAL ESTATE/ MISC" or something of that nature.

I doubt you will get a travel or dining coded transaction to dip into a standard bonus category, and I don't think they will code as telecommunications either for those cards who carry a bonus for that category.

Whichever points you find most useful / earn the best rate for standard (non-bonused) spending - go for it.

Search this Thread