Where to get 1K visa gc for MS

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Where to get 1K visa gc for MS

I have seen people using the 1K vgc at WM so I know they are available. I think Simon sells them to businesses. Does anyone want to share this information?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:42 pm

Someone appeared to use one at Winco in front of me the other day. I was sorely tempted to bother them and ask.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Corporate accts i believe.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I am learning that banks sell them to businesses.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:29 pm

Simon corporate accounts does but they are fast to shut you down for illegitimate (i.e. MOs) purchases.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:36 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Travelz
I have seen people using the 1K vgc at WM so I know they are available. I think Simon sells them to businesses. Does anyone want to share this information?
Originally Posted by Tectomoc
Someone appeared to use one at Winco in front of me the other day. I was sorely tempted to bother them and ask.
They use at cashier? or WM MC?

Some of the cashiers limit to $500. Or they ask yellow jacket if more than that.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedSun
They use at cashier? or WM MC?

Some of the cashiers limit to $500. Or they ask yellow jacket if more than that.
I saw them at the MC getting 4 MO for 1K each. Oh well, I will stick to what I am doing, but maybe this helps someone else. The HH don't want to talk about this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:35 pm

It's also possible they are using credit union debit cards or other cashback debit cards. That's something I considered. I believe some people also use money orders to cash out certain prepaid cards. So seeing someone buy 1k isn't necessarily proof of VGC unless you saw VGC being swiped and could confirm it.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
It's also possible they are using credit union debit cards or other cashback debit cards. That's something I considered. I believe some people also use money orders to cash out certain prepaid cards. So seeing someone buy 1k isn't necessarily proof of VGC unless you saw VGC being swiped and could confirm it.
exactly
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

The guy had a stack of gift cards and we could see him get 4 MO and sign them. Maybe credit unions sell 1K cards or banks to business customers. MS has supported SM through the financial crisis so it would be great if they would sell us 1K cards for a reasonable fee. More and more WM are becoming unfriendly and we don't have grocery stores that allow us to use gift cards. If more WM stores become one swipe stores then the 1K cards would still be worth it.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

The guy had a stack of gift cards and we could see him get 4 MO and sign them. Maybe credit unions sell 1K cards or banks to business customers. MS has supported SM through the financial crisis so it would be great if they would sell us 1K cards for a reasonable fee. More and more WM are becoming unfriendly and we don't have grocery stores that allow us to use gift cards. If more WM stores become one swipe stores then the 1K cards would still be worth it.
I think $1k GC is pushing the envelope. Most of the cashiers have no problem to load up to $500. Anything more, they would ask the yellow jacket. Some even tell you to go to customer service outright and won't do for you.

If you keep multiple GCs in your hand and do $1k GC often, then more and more WM will shut down the MS.... Unfriendly. Some folks just ruin the game.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
The guy had a stack of gift cards and we could see him get 4 MO and sign them.
Why didn't you and whoever you were with stop him and ask him?

Instead of letting your entry into Heavy Hitter Dum slip away.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mhdena
Why didn't you and whoever you were with stop him and ask him?

Instead of letting your entry into Heavy Hitter Dum slip away.
Lines are long. I have my answers now, so this thread will drop out of site now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.