Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Split payments for taxes? (multiple CC for one tax bill?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Split payments for taxes? (multiple CC for one tax bill?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
Im pretty sure mine does either, or at least I did inquire when I was trying to pay with money orders they told has to be all in one check/mo
I think they're bluffing. Tell them if they don't take your MOs then you will return with a huge jar of pennies.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:53 pm

Is there anyone successfully made split payments on officialpayments.com alone? (i.e. squeeze multiple CC/debit for one tax payment via officialpayments, online or by phone?) Can you walk me through how to do it? I can't seem to find it on officialpayments.com nor by calling their cs number to find an option to do the same. TIA.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by liata1975
Is there anyone successfully made split payments on officialpayments.com alone? (i.e. squeeze multiple CC/debit for one tax payment via officialpayments, online or by phone?) Can you walk me through how to do it? I can't seem to find it on officialpayments.com nor by calling their cs number to find an option to do the same. TIA.
For my "local" property tax bill, it was not possible. There was a little note at the top that said the town of XXXX does not allow partial payments, please make note of what your amount on your tax bill is and enter that amount, blah blah blah.

Note that I don't know if it's actually possible to just run through the OP process twice with the two dollar amounts.

Ironically if you apparently walk into the Town clerk office with said bill and TWO checks (or more) then it's OK.
I ended up using Plastiq for 2 checks and we'll see what happens. Fortunately it's not a large municipality. I'll probably get a phone call asking what's up.
Total PITA, but that's the government for you. (they don't understand the difference between partial payment and split payment).

Note that I've not paid State Income or Federal Income taxes via OP (I usually get a small refund).
You may have to call the local tax assesor office.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: 1
Originally Posted by tuphat
Note that Plastiq is not an IRS-approved payment processor. I would not trust my income tax payments to them, you would not get same protections as those provided by the approved processors. accounting firms near me site https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-tax...-or-debit-card

Have you considered paying local property taxes with cards, either to generate spend or use GCs? Individual jurisdictions' practices vary widely, but I would bet that almost all allow partial (split) payments. My jurisdiction charges conv. fee for CCs but not for debit cards if paid in person. They also allow pre-payment of next year's taxes, vs. just what's currently due.

Yes, I made such payments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.