International Wire Transfer with Credit Card?

Old Aug 24, 18, 9:30 am
Original Poster

International Wire Transfer with Credit Card?

Hey Guys,

I do a few international wire transfers for my business and wanted to know if i can use my credit cards to fund these transfers to get the points? Currently use BOA and they charge a $45 international wire fee.

Thank You
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by captainflyer View Post
Hey Guys,

I do a few international wire transfers for my business and wanted to know if i can use my credit cards to fund these transfers to get the points? Currently use BOA and they charge a $45 international wire fee.

Thank You
I imagine that besides the wire transfer fee, your CC company would consider the charge as a cash advance which incurs its own fees along with interest charges starting the second you initiate the transfer. And the interest rates are usually in the 10-20% range which means you are paying a bundle for your points (presuming the CC company even allows points for such charges in the first place )

Not my idea of MSing but as always, YMMV.
Old Aug 24, 18, 2:56 pm
inY

Transferwise allows credit card funding for a fee. Revolut for business?
Old Aug 24, 18, 3:18 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
American Express has a program that offers points for international business payments, but you do not fund with a card:

Up to 30k Membership Rewards points for using International Payments
Old Aug 26, 18, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by captainflyer View Post
Hey Guys,

Thank You
Wally has money services, have you looked there?
Old Aug 31, 18, 12:40 pm

I suspect the biggest issue here is that when you wire money, it can't be clawed back. But if you charge a credit card, it can be disputed and chargeback.

The one thing you might want to consider if you are doing cross border payments, is to use crypto currencies like Bitcoin as a party to party method, but to purchase the Bitcoin from a linked bank account via Coinbase. Then the funding of the bank account could be done with a GC purchase via CC, and then convert the GC back to MO and deposit in the bank. Long way to go around this, but you would save the massive wire fees. It comes down to the recipient being able to accept Bitcoin (etc) as a form of payment. I pay all of our offshore subcontractors this way and it works fine. But YMMV....

Search this Thread