Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Any Potential Problems with Amassing a Huge Amazon GC balance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Potential Problems with Amassing a Huge Amazon GC balance?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
You'd think certain bloggers who do this for a living would be smarter about keeping their golden goose alive and well, but greed does them in.
The blog is the probably the golden goose, and it is much more interesting to report a shutdown rather than BAU. Hopefully he drove a ton of traffic to his site after reporting on the shutdown.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Happy
He is asking you How (to that)?

But you haven't shown him how your family could burn thru many thousands at AMZN. Frankly I am interested to see that too!

Mind sharing?
Just jumping in, but I burn through probably 500-1k/month on Amazon (which is why I love the new Amex Gold card.. 4x on amazon gift cards at whole food)... mainly through monthly subscribe and save items (that can be 200-300/month), as well as almost all general items - toilet paper, t-shirts, tooth paste, water bottles, coffee, etc. For those in NYC, it's cheaper to buy your basic every day necessities and general shopping on Amazon, plus you avoid having to transport a bunch of bags on the subway or paying for an uber back. Plus, add in gift spending for birthdays, holidays etc and it's easy to spend on Amazon over here.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I'm sure MPD is in a Data Base of "Undesirables". He's a walking shutdown machine.

Same way merchants now have a data base of excessive returns customers.

His story has no bearing on RNE, IMO.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:27 pm

mpd's battle with amzn continues, the good news is that his account was reinstated but...

there's increasing reports of issues with this company where they close accounts at the mere suspicion of fraud and confiscating balance on the account. I understand their right to close accounts for whatever reasons but I don't think confiscating balance is fair and this is tantamount to theft. Caveat emptor.
RNE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.