Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

MS’er on Amex cards looking to be cautious for the future

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

I buy my GCs in variable amounts from $480-$500 from a non-L3 reporting supermarket to meet MSR on an Amex Biz Plat. While I understand that the non-L3 reporting will stop any sort of automated clawback of my bonus, it’s as clear as day to any human looking at my transaction history that I’m buying ~$500 GCs from this market.

If I am put under an Amex Financial Review in the future, are they likely to clawback the bonus that I am working on now?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:08 am

Please elaborate on L3, and how one would know if their store is L3?

Please elaborate on L3, and how one would know if their store is L3?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by yojimbo146
I buy my GCs in variable amounts from $480-$500 from a non-L3 reporting supermarket to meet MSR on an Amex Biz Plat. While I understand that the non-L3 reporting will stop any sort of automated clawback of my bonus, it’s as clear as day to any human looking at my transaction history that I’m buying ~$500 GCs from this market.

If I am put under an Amex Financial Review in the future, are they likely to clawback the bonus that I am working on now?
There is a thread on this somewhere, but when it comes to Amex initial bonuses, it's better to get the bonus via non-MS spending and save the MS for after the bonus has been acquired. There is indeed a danger of having the bonus reversed.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As original poster has posted this topic in another FT forum here and since posting identical topics in more than one forum, called cross-posting, is discouraged as per FT Rules I'll close this thread.

tcook052
MS forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.