Citi Dividend - 5% cash back on airlines - 2018Q3

Old Jul 25, 18, 2:38 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW
Posts: 660
Citi Dividend - 5% cash back on airlines - 2018Q3

Citi Dividend is offering 5% cash back on airline purchases for 2018Q3. Does anyone know if purchasing AA miles would count?
vh_bu98 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 18, 2:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN AList CP, MR PLT, HH DIA, SPG PLT, IHG SPI
Posts: 1,320
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
Citi Dividend is offering 5% cash back on airline purchases for 2018Q3. Does anyone know if purchasing AA miles would count?
Probably. But AMEX Personal Plat still better option.
MileageGoblin is offline  
Old Jul 26, 18, 8:39 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Posts: 3,047
I assume you know what an awful deal buying miles is.
redtop43 is offline  
Old Jul 26, 18, 12:20 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW
Posts: 660
Yes I do, but I'm short just a few thousand AA miles for an international business class seat and this would be the fastest and easiest way to get there.
vh_bu98 is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 10:49 am
  #5  
Suspended
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 2,576
The Q4 2018 is on Best Buy and Department Stores. I have yet to find anything worth spending. Anyone doing anything? I get all $6,000 to spend.
RedSun is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:41 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 379
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
The Q4 2018 is on Best Buy and Department Stores. I have yet to find anything worth spending. Anyone doing anything? I get all $6,000 to spend.
A lot of Best Buys sell vgc. You can no longer buy them with Best Buy gc, but buying them with a regular cc should work.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 1:05 pm
  #7  
Suspended
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 2,576
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
A lot of Best Buys sell vgc. You can no longer buy them with Best Buy gc, but buying them with a regular cc should work.
I checked a couple Best Buy stores. I only bought $25 eBay GC. There are some gas, phone, dinning, travel GCs. But there is no MS and 5% is not much better than the CCs I already get. Even 5% on Amazon can't beat the Chase Amazon Prime. I do not see Amazon GC at BB anyhow.
RedSun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread