Utility bills- BillMatrix

Old Jul 8, 18, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Utility bills- BillMatrix

I'm new to this so please re-locate this thread if needed. I searched for "utility" and "electric" and "billmatrix" and didn't find anything.

In San Diego, our utility company uses a third party "Billmatrix" that customers can use to pay utility bills (electric and gas) via credit card. The fee charged is a fixed $1.95 (seems cheap to me). Has anyone used this and does this qualify for rewards points etc.? Specifically I'm interested in whether it will qualify for CSR card I just got and need $4000 spend in 3 mos. Let me know if anyone has experience using "billmatrix" or any other third party for paying utility bills. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 18, 2:20 pm

Why will it not count to meet MSR?
Old Jul 8, 18, 4:36 pm

Of course it will count. Shouldn't be any problem, it's totally valid spend. In fact I'd consider that organic spend, not even MS.
Old Jul 8, 18, 9:02 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by pdragn78 View Post
I'm new to this so please re-locate this thread if needed. I searched for "utility" and "electric" and "billmatrix" and didn't find anything.

In San Diego, our utility company uses a third party "Billmatrix" that customers can use to pay utility bills (electric and gas) via credit card. The fee charged is a fixed $1.95 (seems cheap to me). Has anyone used this and does this qualify for rewards points etc.? Specifically I'm interested in whether it will qualify for CSR card I just got and need $4000 spend in 3 mos. Let me know if anyone has experience using "billmatrix" or any other third party for paying utility bills. Thanks.
you sure its for cc not dc?
Old Jul 8, 18, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I've done this numerous times through them prepaying my electric bills here in Va. It's organic spend as previously mentioned. No problem getting regular or min spend bonus points this way.
Old Jul 8, 18, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post
Why will it not count to meet MSR?
It just seems too good to be true so was wondering if I was missing something or if there was a catch since it is a flat fee $1.95 and no percentage fee.
Old Jul 8, 18, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDO View Post
you sure its for cc not dc?
The website (https://www.sdge.com/businesses/pay-...ayment-options) states debit and credit cards. Looks like the fee is only $1.50. Even better! I'll try paying my next utility bill to make sure there isn't a percentage fee and will post results.

Results are in: works great! Max transaction amount is $1k and flat fee of $1.50.

Last edited by pdragn78; Aug 14, 18 at 10:11 pm

Search this Thread