GC -> venmo for monthly payment?

Old Jul 7, 18, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

GC -> venmo for monthly payment?

Hey all,
Just wanted to run this by some more experienced people before putting it into action.
I make a $500 payment each month to a family member, and I've been trying to figure out ways to get points/cash back on it.
I want to go to the store and get a $500 prepaid card with my CC, then add it to venmo and use it to pay my family member. My relative can then deposit the venmo balance into their bank account.
This should work, right? There shouldn't be any fees for prepaid debit thru venmo, so my only expense would be the GC fee. Are there better ways of going about this I'm missing?

Also, I know this isn't really MS in my case, but it could very easily become MS if the person you're sending the venmo payment to does the same thing in reverse. IDK if that scales to larger amounts of cash, though.
Old Jul 8, 18, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Venmo limits you to four active or deleted cards in any rolling six month period. Might work but not for long.
Old Jul 9, 18, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Let us know how it goes!
Old Jul 10, 18, 10:47 am
formerly willbbiddy

Wait, VGC DOESN'T charge a fee on venmo? What about paypal?

Search this Thread