Discover Deals and GCs

Old Jul 1, 18, 11:00 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Discover Deals and GCs

Some of the Discover Deal merchants carry VGCs. But the Discover T&C excludes the GC purchases. So I just wonder if the big name department stores report the item code (Level 3?) to CC banks. How would Disc know that you order some GC?

I can put in a $50 purchase to try it and risk losing $5 fee. But it takes 6-8 weeks to see the results. Any DP about this?
Old Jul 2, 18, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
Some of the Discover Deal merchants carry VGCs. But the Discover T&C excludes the GC purchases. So I just wonder if the big name department stores report the item code (Level 3?) to CC banks. How would Disc know that you order some GC?

I can put in a $50 purchase to try it and risk losing $5 fee. But it takes 6-8 weeks to see the results. Any DP about this?
Its the retailers who are paying this CB , similar to other shopping portals. VGC are not going to be paid by those retailers . So u may not get CB.

If u are thinking of purchasing VGC from sam's club , then definitely u r not going to get CB.
Old Jul 2, 18, 9:55 am

Some of the Discover Deal merchants carry VGCs. But the Discover T&C excludes the GC purchases
I remember finding out about Discover Deals and noticing Walmart was on there at 5%. And then discovering Walmart.com doesn't sell vgc. Sam's Club .com sells MC, but that's when I saw the T&C, so I didn't even try. Good luck if you try it.
Old Jul 2, 18, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
I remember finding out about Discover Deals and noticing Walmart was on there at 5%. And then discovering Walmart.com doesn't sell vgc. Sam's Club .com sells MC, but that's when I saw the T&C, so I didn't even try. Good luck if you try it.
They do actally sell $200 Vanilla VGCs on the site, but the $6.95 fee takes a good bite out of the profit. I've also seen comments from other MSers stating you can't push much VGC or MCGC volume through the site or they cancel orders and freeze WM accounts.

Last edited by Prometheus77; Jul 4, 18 at 6:31 am
Old Jul 3, 18, 8:31 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Prometheus77 View Post
They do actally sell $200 Vanilla VGCs on the site, but the $6.95 fee takes a good bite out of the profit. I've also seen comments from other MSers stating you can't push my VGC or MCGC volume through the site or they cancel orders and freeze WM accounts.
I still get the Disc cashback match. So it is a total of 10% CB. I may just try a small GC to see if it posts.....
Old Jul 4, 18, 6:33 am

Thumbs up

I still get the Disc cashback match. So it is a total of 10% CB. I may just try a small GC to see if it posts.....
Cool. Let us know how you make out. Would be a good DP for the community.

Search this Thread