Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

What banks are MS OK for new card bonus spend - master thread.

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 29, 18, 10:37 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Renes Points
Wiki Link
Banks that are fine with MS for new card bonus offer:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banks that are NOT fine with MS for new card bonus offers:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amex - avoid for new card bonus and MR points. OK on most others like Delta spend bonus levels

Be sure to look at this thread for ideas on locations that "may" code as a safe place to MS for new card bonus offers: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...l-500-gcs.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 29, 18, 6:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

I have not seen a thread where we can share what banks are AOK on MS for earning new card bonus points. We all know Amex is nasty on say Simons Mall (and getting worse) for new card bonus offer. However, there are spots that "code" nicely like 7-11 etc. Maybe we need a thread for this. Will start a Wiki as well right away to update and please add any data points you have.
Old Jun 29, 18, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
I've heard occasional stories of people getting denied the bonus (if you meet min spend by buying prepaid gift cards) with other issuers such as Chase, but AFAIK only Amex is systematically denying signup bonuses. Ironically, Amex seems relatively tolerant of MS on cobranded cards as long as you aren't doing it to meet minimum spend.

I think it would be an overstatement to say that any bank is "fine" with buying prepaid gift cards to meet msr for signup bonus. But anecdotally I don't think Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, or Bank of America are enforcing rules against it.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jun 30, 18 at 5:17 pm Reason: add 'cobranded'
Old Jun 30, 18, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 View Post
I've heard occasional stories of people getting denied the bonus (if you meet min spend by buying prepaid gift cards) with other issuers such as Chase, but AFAIK only Amex is systematically denying signup bonuses. Ironically, Amex seems relatively tolerant of MS as long as you aren't doing it to meet minimum spend.
Even tolerant with Blue Biz? USB is not okay with it for the Altitude card.
Old Jun 30, 18, 10:46 am
Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: Delta Silver. Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Travelz View Post
Even tolerant with Blue Biz? USB is not okay with it for the Altitude card.
Actually I meant to say tolerant about MS with co-branded cards, such as hotel and airline cards. Not so much with MR earning cards. I edited the post.
Old Jul 3, 18, 8:44 am

Chase new card bonus are not getting paid for GC.COM or GCM purchases. But B&M stores gift card purchases should be fine.
Old Jul 8, 18, 7:46 pm
CDO
Suspended

BoA seems ok with it initially

Search this Thread