Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Raise.com through portals....what am I missing....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

I have been buying cards through Raise for many months to help with my MS spend. It was suggested I use portals to get extra points. But there looks to be language saying gift cards don’t count in getting portal miles.

Raise entire business is gift cards?!?

If you can’t get miles from gift card purchases from any of the portals, why have Raise as a purchase option?

Here is the language from the BA portal site:

Raise.com

Raise is a C2C marketplace for buying and selling gift cards online! It's free to join, and consumers can either buy discounted gift cards or sell their gift cards in exchange for cash. Our marketplace offers discount gift cards from thousands of popular brands and restaurants such as Macy's, The Home Depot and Starbucks. Sellers can choose how they want to price their gift cards, enabling buyers to purchase at a discount.

Purchase Conditions

No rewards when purchasing gift cards for the following retailers: Target, Sears, Starbucks, Walmart, Amazon, Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Bloomingdale's, Hyatt, iTunes, Lowe's and Home Depot and Macys.

No rewards are given on gift card transactions when the sale is lower than $20 and when a single purchase is over $1000 or when a unique buyer has reached $1,000 of their expenditure revenue at Raise.com.

No rewards given for Gift Card Listings.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:49 am

What don't you understand? You get miles for buying gift cards on Raise except selected brands. If you buy less than $20 or more than $1000 in a purchase you don't get miles or if your account has purchased over $1000 you don't get miles.

You get no miles for listing a card for sale.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Raise through portals seems like a scam to me. Never been paid for anything. Somewhat self-defeating given that all Raise does is sell giftcards....LOL
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I have been buying cards through Raise for many months to help with my MS spend. It was suggested I use portals to get extra points. But there looks to be language saying gift cards don’t count in getting portal miles.

Raise entire business is gift cards?!?

If you can’t get miles from gift card purchases from any of the portals, why have Raise as a purchase option?

Here is the language from the BA portal site:

Raise.com

Raise is a C2C marketplace for buying and selling gift cards online! It's free to join, and consumers can either buy discounted gift cards or sell their gift cards in exchange for cash. Our marketplace offers discount gift cards from thousands of popular brands and restaurants such as Macy's, The Home Depot and Starbucks. Sellers can choose how they want to price their gift cards, enabling buyers to purchase at a discount.

Purchase Conditions

No rewards when purchasing gift cards for the following retailers: Target, Sears, Starbucks, Walmart, Amazon, Nordstrom, Staples, Best Buy, Bloomingdale's, Hyatt, iTunes, Lowe's and Home Depot and Macys.

No rewards are given on gift card transactions when the sale is lower than $20 and when a single purchase is over $1000 or when a unique buyer has reached $1,000 of their expenditure revenue at Raise.com.

No rewards given for Gift Card Listings.
You might be confused by "No rewards given for Gift Card Listings.". That just means you do not get avios for selling ("listing") gift cards. You do get for purchasing. the terms are clear. Their are other portals with higher limits. I always buy uber credits and max out offers whenever they have a sale. Does anyone have a better and just as safe place to buy Uber. I am a heavy user and earn tons of extra miles using them. I have maxed out all portal bonus that I can find. I do get an extra 4.5% using the altitude Visa via Raise app.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:05 pm

I bought a gift card on Raise in May going through a portal and received the advertised cashback. Portals excluding gift cards is only for certain merchants.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I think it might be for the first $1000 in total portal purchases rather than $1000 per raise account. Well over that limit and realized that Amtrak had a nice rate so tried it and succeeded.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:54 am
CDO
Suspended

sometimes i get it sometimes i dont despite being over
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

Some portals such as eBates and either Topcashback or befrugal will give you additional cash back when you purchase gift cards from raise.com. I think eBates limits to the $1,000 lifetime, can't remember. But you get 1% plus another 3% if you use the eBates Visa GC. But if you're using these for MS, not sure which credit card companies (other than Amex) strictly forbid GC purchases (and Amex gets level 3 data or whatever it is).

So YMMV
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:44 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by hurnik
Some portals such as eBates and either Topcashback or befrugal will give you additional cash back when you purchase gift cards from raise.com. I think eBates limits to the $1,000 lifetime, can't remember. But you get 1% plus another 3% if you use the eBates Visa GC. But if you're using these for MS, not sure which credit card companies (other than Amex) strictly forbid GC purchases (and Amex gets level 3 data or whatever it is).

So YMMV
I think all of them have the language so dont count on it imho
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Their having a sale today but when they do they then jack up the prices so its total BS
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:06 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Their having a sale today but when they do they then jack up the prices so its total BS
They tend to be less competitive than others regardless of sale or no sale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.