Does Kroger/Frys report Gift Cards to Discover?

Old Jun 6, 18, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Does Kroger/Frys report Gift Cards to Discover?

This isn't really MS, but shifting my spending. I meant to buy a $25 Amazon GC last month to see if Discover would give me the 5% "groceries" bonus on it, before investing in a large one (well, not large to this forum, but $300-$500 since I'm not trying to liquidate). I forgot to do this test run, and June is the last month of the promo. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get the 5%?
Old Jun 6, 18, 2:24 am

I've gotten the 5% buying fast food gift cards at Kroger on my Discover card. Also got the 2x or 4x fuel points on the same purchase.
Old Jun 6, 18, 10:45 am
CDO
Suspended

I think you should be fine
Old Jun 6, 18, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
This isn't really MS, but shifting my spending. I meant to buy a $25 Amazon GC last month to see if Discover would give me the 5% "groceries" bonus on it, before investing in a large one (well, not large to this forum, but $300-$500 since I'm not trying to liquidate). I forgot to do this test run, and June is the last month of the promo. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get the 5%?
Why wouldnt it work?

Search this Thread