Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Automatic recurring $0.10 credit/debit card transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic recurring $0.10 credit/debit card transactions

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
It might be, but it also has an MS use. There are bank accounts that pay a higher interest rate if you make X number of debit purchases per month. .
I also think there are banks that will shut you down if you make a bunch of $0.10 debit purchases to get a higher interest rate (or some other sort of bonus).
Old May 30, 2018, 10:31 am

Wow, this is smart. I actually make 1 cent payment to my credit card online with bank ATM debit card to earn 2% plus on Savings. The DOC has lots of banks that pay high interest with 10-12 debit transactions a month. I have never had an issue with size, either from my bank or credit card. I actually think, but not sure, that banks earn a transaction fee on debit cards vs % on credit cards. I was limited to 1 payment a day. This can allow me to poenmore accounts. Thanks. I hope this stays alive.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:43 am

I like the idea. But can you enhance it to make more than 1 transaction per day (at least i am not seeing it). I need to do like 10-20 .05c-.10c transaction per day. Currently i am using Google pay for it.
Edit: Didn't realize the money is going one way .
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I also think there are banks that will shut you down if you make a bunch of $0.10 debit purchases to get a higher interest rate (or some other sort of bonus).
Def an issue
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:54 am
CDO
Suspended

You can always use the gas pump if needed and at least you get something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.