What are your next MS outcome?

Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
What are your next MS outcome?

What are your manufacture spending plans???

Complete a minimum credit card spending, get some more miles or hotel points, get the points Limit in your x5 category.......all ideas or suggestions will be more than welcome.

After completing my Freedom quarter points limit (1500$-7500UR) working in getting 3k miles more in my Alaska airlines card so I would get 50k in total for a planned trip. I will start working in x5 category Discovery as soon as I get these miles.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:53 pm

You have answered your own question. Well done.
Ryn996 and Jesperss like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You have answered your own question. Well done.
Lol...........I just wanted to know more about users outcomes to learn. Thank you!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:24 am

I'm always looking to capitalize on stop and shop gas points. Everything sort of hinges on what their rewards are for gift cards available. Last week, bought $1000 worth on Freedom and $1000 worth on discover for the 5% cash back and triple gas points. We'll see coming up but of course both cards have $1500 quarterly limits so we're now only using these cards for normal groceries.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Car Jack
I'm always looking to capitalize on stop and shop gas points. Everything sort of hinges on what their rewards are for gift cards available. Last week, bought $1000 worth on Freedom and $1000 worth on discover for the 5% cash back and triple gas points. We'll see coming up but of course both cards have $1500 quarterly limits so we're now only using these cards for normal groceries.
Do you use fuel gas points from Kroger?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by honores41
Do you use fuel gas points from Kroger?
Little hint on that, while buying Kroger gift cards themselves don’t give fuel points, you can use them at the pump, effectively giving you groceries and fuel at 5%, while using any fuel points you have available.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:32 pm

I'm still a newbie, so for now I'm maxing out Discover and Chase Freedom 5% categories. Also doing Chase Ink and office supply stores, but for now I don't want to go much over half my credit limit or cycle payments, so I'm well below the $50,000 limit. The Freedom and Ink are new, so I got their signup bonus for MRP. I've been liquidating mostly through Amex Serve/Family Dollar, and just a handful of money orders deposited at my main bank. Next step is to get a different bank account at a different bank for depositing MO. Still haven't gotten up the nerve to do a "split transaction", so that's on-deck as well. Most of the Family Dollars I go to seem surprised that I can load a Serve Card there, and if they know that, they're surprised it loads with a debit card. I want to establish a better relationship before I do splits so I don't spook them and get a flat "no" because they're uncomfortable. My third step is to get another credit card with a signup bonus that will Segway into a good cashback.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
I'm still a newbie, so for now I'm maxing out Discover and Chase Freedom 5% categories. Also doing Chase Ink and office supply stores, but for now I don't want to go much over half my credit limit or cycle payments, so I'm well below the $50,000 limit. The Freedom and Ink are new, so I got their signup bonus for MRP. I've been liquidating mostly through Amex Serve/Family Dollar, and just a handful of money orders deposited at my main bank. Next step is to get a different bank account at a different bank for depositing MO. Still haven't gotten up the nerve to do a "split transaction", so that's on-deck as well. Most of the Family Dollars I go to seem surprised that I can load a Serve Card there, and if they know that, they're surprised it loads with a debit card. I want to establish a better relationship before I do splits so I don't spook them and get a flat "no" because they're uncomfortable. My third step is to get another credit card with a signup bonus that will Segway into a good cashback.
I never used amex serve, could you give me more info? what is the month limit? Can you use it with any gift card?
Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:27 pm

I got in under the Amex Serve One VIP card, which is no longer accepting new accounts. There are others Serve accounts you can get, but I think the fees are higher. One VIP limits are $2500/day, $1000/transaction, $10,000/month. But I've never done more than $200/transaction or $400/day (another $200 at a different store). If your gift card says "debit" on it, you should be able to use it. Family Dollar and Walmart allows it. CVS is cash only. It varies from chain to chain, and even the same chain it can vary store to store as managers/cashiers set their own policies. For more info, check out the Serve home page and the "Amex Serve Master Thread", especially the WIKI. Good luck!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
I got in under the Amex Serve One VIP card, which is no longer accepting new accounts. There are others Serve accounts you can get, but I think the fees are higher. One VIP limits are $2500/day, $1000/transaction, $10,000/month. But I've never done more than $200/transaction or $400/day (another $200 at a different store). If your gift card says "debit" on it, you should be able to use it. Family Dollar and Walmart allows it. CVS is cash only. It varies from chain to chain, and even the same chain it can vary store to store as managers/cashiers set their own policies. For more info, check out the Serve home page and the "Amex Serve Master Thread", especially the WIKI. Good luck!
Thank you, getting one this week.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:43 pm

FWIW, I only do the Serve/Family Dollar over the Money Order/Walmart thing because Family Dollar is much much more convenient for me. I pass 2 of them on my drive to work. Walmart is a 15-20 minute trip each way.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:11 am

Be mindful of developments brewing at WM right now (double beeps/eMSAR/disallowing VGCs for MOs) and incorporate it with your current plans. FYI, if WM disallows all VGCs, it'll not just affect MOs or BPs but also loading of all registered prepaids. BB and GoB are two of those that'll be affected since WM is the only place they can be loaded for free. Right now, Serve prepaids can still be loaded at FD and DG aside from WM.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Be mindful of developments brewing at WM right now (double beeps/eMSAR/disallowing VGCs for MOs) and incorporate it with your current plans. FYI, if WM disallows all VGCs, it'll not just affect MOs or BPs but also loading of all registered prepaids. BB and GoB are two of those that'll be affected since WM is the only place they can be loaded for free. Right now, Serve prepaids can still be loaded at FD and DG aside from WM.
Not sure what you are talking about. I used VGC to load Gobank just a few days ago at WM. I have not gotten MO at WM in a while.

I am assuming FD and DG allows vanilla VGC.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I MS to the max. I'm retired so it's kind of a part-time job for me. I'm over $100K/mo. If they close me down, they close me down. My only major fear is having WM change policy on me when I have a big inventory. Back in the days of the SunTrust DL debit card, I got over a million Skypesos. Now I do it mostly for cashback, and a little for EQMs/EQDs on my preferred airline.
choklit likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:14 am

I've been shut down by the Amex RAT team. I think I'm just going to stick with using Citi doublecash at Safeway for a while so I can generate fuel rewards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.