Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex froze my new business CC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Amex froze my new business CC

Amex shut down my Spg buisness card twice. The first time was for buying a 450 vgc at walmart. The second was for attempting to buy two 450 dollar vgc at vons. I had to fill out a notary verifying my identity before the reopened my account. Now I'm wondering if there is any VGC I can buy. I'm in CA has anyone else had this problem?

Mod note: I changed the subject from "shut down" to froze. I think that is what the OP is referring to, as the card was not closed.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Apr 14, 2018 at 6:37 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rook2135
Amex shut down my Spg buisness card twice. The first time was for buying a 450 vgc at walmart. The second was for attempting to buy two 450 dollar vgc at vons. I had to fill out a notary verifying my identity before the reopened my account. Now I'm wondering if there is any VGC I can buy. I'm in CA has anyone else had this problem?
how new is the card?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What business line are you in that you need VGC cards? When you can explain that, you will understand why what did happened, happened to you.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:17 pm

>What business line are you in that you need VGC cards?

"VGCs are common as incentives for customers. They seem to work for others, thought I would try some too. "

You should pre-authorize a purchase like that (check spending power), that works pretty well.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Rook2135
How long is your history with Amex?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:20 pm

What do you mean by "shut down"? Most people here use that phrase to mean "cancelled/closed", but this sounds more like they froze it because of suspected fraudulent activity which is a whole different thing.

Last edited by Wonko; Apr 11, 2018 at 12:20 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by Wonko
What do you mean by "shut down"? Most people here use that phrase to mean "cancelled/closed", but this sounds more like they froze it because of suspected fraudulent activity which is a whole different thing.
Exactly....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.