So-Cal - Advice from anyone in LA

Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

So-Cal - Advice from anyone in LA

My old spot no longer accepts GCs for MOs, so I'm looking for another working location in LA, if someone is kind enough to share their gem with me, please!

If I'm out of luck, would anyone suggest the buying and selling of E-gift cards? I really don't want to go through the hassle of mailing anything (and worrying about delivery), but I'm happy to buy and sell some online (nothing more than $2-3k worth,). My main goal is to churn and hit sign-up bonuses, so small profits from category bonuses and rewards isn't much of a concern for me. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Lots
Your best bet is to check out all the stores in the area that sell MOs and try each one to see if they accept debit for MOs.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Yea, I haven't had luck in close proximity. Ive always been an MO guy but I'm starting to wonder why more people don't do e-gift card buying and selling. I feel like its from the comfort of your own home with not many risks, from what I'm reading..
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by zeldazoo22
Yea, I haven't had luck in close proximity. Ive always been an MO guy but I'm starting to wonder why more people don't do e-gift card buying and selling. I feel like its from the comfort of your own home with not many risks, from what I'm reading..
If you make the effort there will be occasional promotions/deals out there to exploit where you could get away without losing too much money, even perhaps make a small profit, but for the most part these giftcard resellers get good margins and you'd be out 10-15%, and resell prices can fluctuate. Most people would rather pay a guaranteed 1-2% fee and have it back in the bank as soon as possible. I'm not from SoCal so I haven't tried the options out there, but there are other ways to liquidate gebits besides with MOs. Serve reloads at FD/DG, billpay at WM/Kmart.
zeldazoo22 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:26 am

Kmart BP hasnt worked in forever.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeldazoo22
My old spot no longer accepts GCs for MOs, so I'm looking for another working location in LA, if someone is kind enough to share their gem with me, please!
You may need to be more specific about where in LA. There are Walmarts in the West Valley, North Valley, and East Valley / Burbank areas, Carson / Torrance area, and then east toward and beyond the 710.

But OTOH, if you live near Santa Monica, then it's a pretty long drive to any of them (and the first one you try may not work any more).

And I mention that because some (but not all) Walmarts are what still work best for many people. So if you're in a part of LA where several Walmarts are nearby, that would be my first recommendation. But if you're far from even one Walmart (ie, neither live near one, nor even pass by near one often enough), I'm not sure what to recommend (because I don't really MS myself, only use Plastiq once a year for some insurance payments).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.