Chase Amazon at WholeFoods

Old Feb 21, 18, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Chase Amazon at WholeFoods

Currently uncapped. Some of my local WFs used to carry variable (i.e. $500) Visa gift cards but most of them switched to the $100 cards. Anyone seeing the $500s still?
Old Feb 21, 18, 6:25 pm
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by silver6054 View Post
Currently uncapped. Some of my local WFs used to carry variable (i.e. $500) Visa gift cards but most of them switched to the $100 cards. Anyone seeing the $500s still?
It can be attractive to some people. You get the Freedom 5% and Discover 5%...
Old Feb 22, 18, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
It can be attractive to some people. You get the Freedom 5% and Discover 5%...
I think the OP assumed everyone would know what the thread title meant, but I guess you haven't heard the news:

On Monday, it was in the news that Amazon had announced that Chase Amazon Prime card holders would receive 5% back at Whole Foods (which Amazon had bought a few months back) if they are Amazon Prime members.

Freedom and Discover only give 5x/5% on all grocery stores (I've never seen them specific to Whole Foods), and they only do that one quarter each year typically, and not this current quarter. The Chase Amazon card 5% at Whole Foods is year-round AFAIK.

So that's the reason the OP was asking specifically about Whole Foods, and not other grocery stores.

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 22, 18 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 22, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
No $500's in the DFW area for atleast 5 or 6 months now. Sad, since there were/are alot of WF specific deals that could have been lucrative.
Old Feb 22, 18, 9:37 pm
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
I think the OP assumed everyone would know what the thread title meant, but I guess you haven't heard the news:

On Monday, it was in the news that Amazon had announced that Chase Amazon Prime card holders would receive 5% back at Whole Foods (which Amazon had bought a few months back) if they are Amazon Prime members.

Freedom and Discover only give 5x/5% on all grocery stores (I've never seen them specific to Whole Foods), and they only do that one quarter each year typically, and not this current quarter. The Chase Amazon card 5% at Whole Foods is year-round AFAIK.

So that's the reason the OP was asking specifically about Whole Foods, and not other grocery stores.
I do not know what I said wrong. I just saying that this Chase Amazon and WF reward is not that super attractive. If Chase senses folks are buying gift cards at WF at 5% reward, it will shut it down.
Old Feb 22, 18, 10:16 pm

Chase will shut you down even if you treat them like a lady... So you might as well clean their clock.
Old Feb 23, 18, 8:47 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by an mec View Post
Chase will shut you down even if you treat them like a lady... So you might as well clean their clock.
The trouble with the above sentiment is that once Chase stops your ticker, it never restarts for any of their clocks.
Old Feb 27, 18, 12:55 pm

Just checked my local Whole Foods. 25, 50, & 100 are available. No 500, not even a 200.
Old Jul 8, 18, 11:20 pm
CDO
Suspended

Amazon prolly gets level 3 data now

Search this Thread