Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Card Reader

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have made it a habit to drain my VGCs completely before I tuck them away so I don't have to check later if there's any balance left on each one.
I do the same
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if you can go to vending machine that takes credit card and keep swiping. If they have cameras might look suspicious.

Last edited by Gitangali; Jan 29, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Go online and check balances card by card. Else go to a grocer who auto drains and run a half dozen or so at a time to pay for some item. The register tape will show the zeroed cards.

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I tend to agree with the OP....when one engages in MSing, they end up with a lot of cards. I have a huge box of them and would also like an easy way to double check before tossing them.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:10 am

I have a USB card reader . You plug it in , swipe the card then get a string of numbers in word pad . I think it was about $20. I am not at home so I can not check the name/model number . Not very helpful , sorry . At least you know it exists and can probably find one yourself . Good Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.