Safeway/Vons Master thread (2018 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: diburning
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2018. The old thread is here.

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
-Taxes
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 15, 19, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
I respectfully disagree. Yes, you need to do the change payment trick at WalMart, so I avoid WM if I have MC’s to liquidate.

But I have never needed to do that trick to use MC’s at Kroger supermarkets (including Fred Meyer, Smith’s, and Fry’s around the country), or at Safeway/Albertsons grocery stores. My only failures at these stores involved split payments, so I stick with single swipes. Don’t get greedy.
Um the context was regarding only WM. Sure I could have made it crystal clear in my first sentence that I was only referring to WM but I did at least reference WM in my previous post. I can't disagree if it is much easier to liquidate at a grocery store since I haven't personally tried it but I believe you that it is true.
Old Oct 18, 19, 5:00 pm

Offer still showing in app

I redeemed the “one time” offer five or six days ago to get $10 off a variable card. Normally the offer disappears from the app shortly after redeeming it. However the offer is still showing in the app. Are there any data points that would indicate if the offer would work a second time? I don’t want to have them open/ring up a card if there isnt a high chance of success.
Old Oct 18, 19, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by skaterr03 View Post
I redeemed the “one time” offer five or six days ago to get $10 off a variable card. Normally the offer disappears from the app shortly after redeeming it. However the offer is still showing in the app. Are there any data points that would indicate if the offer would work a second time? I don’t want to have them open/ring up a card if there isnt a high chance of success.
My experience is the offer will not work.
Old Oct 18, 19, 10:27 pm

Did you read the post that appears just two posts above yours?
Old Oct 19, 19, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Did you read the post that appears just two posts above yours?
I missed that. My apologies.
Old Oct 19, 19, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, AA Exp, HLT Dia, SPG Amb 100, AS MVP 75k
I missed that. My apologies.
Trust your gut. Nothing has changed here. Fake DPs from unreliable members will always pop up from time to time.
Old Oct 20, 19, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint View Post
Trust your gut. Nothing has changed here. Fake DPs from unreliable members will always pop up from time to time.
Here is an extract from my credit card postings, showing two successive transactions, on Oct. 14 &15, at two nearby Safeway stores, for $500 Visa Gift Cards, plus $5.95 Activation fees, minus the J4U digital coupon, which I successfully used twice to reduce the price to $495.95, as shown below.

If you need an actual photo of the card statement, I can provide that as well.

And when you are ready to actually make constructive contributions to this thread, please let us know. We will be all ears.

Oct 14, 2019
SAFEWAY #1749

Groceries
$495.95See details about this transaction

Oct. 15, 2019
SAFEWAY #1487

Groceries
$495.95See details about this transaction

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Oct 20, 19 at 8:40 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 25, 19, 9:29 pm

Is this style MCGC's PIN last four (without doing anything)? FWIW I'm mostly buying the fixed 100s but I believe the T&C insert inside the packaging is the same, and I've read it. Thanks!

PIN of Metabank MCGC like Safeway sells is Last 4

Last edited by zceuxbhjutf; Oct 26, 19 at 10:03 pm
Old Oct 27, 19, 9:44 am

$10 off $100 or more Visa coupon now in just4u.
Old Oct 27, 19, 11:05 am

Thanks for the heads up, was waiting for this deal to be live yesterday.

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
Old Oct 28, 19, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
Anyone know if you can get $10 off on the “everywhere” Visa cards? Their purchase fee is $1 lower
Old Oct 28, 19, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by slickness123 View Post
Anyone know if you can get $10 off on the “everywhere” Visa cards? Their purchase fee is $1 lower
Try it and let us know.
danpeake and Davyboyo like this.
Old Oct 28, 19, 4:59 pm

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
But $1 more and you get 300 more points on your card - am I missing something?
Old Oct 28, 19, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, AA Exp, HLT Dia, SPG Amb 100, AS MVP 75k
Originally Posted by 808pineapple View Post
But $1 more and you get 300 more points on your card - am I missing something?
Fuel everywhere is $2 less and may be useful to those running out of CLs after hitting these deals for 4 weeks straight. Its always worked in the past so I assume this time is no different.
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 19, 2:19 am

Has anyone ever actually had an Amex SUB clawed back from buying GCs from Safeway? I know not to buy them from GCM or Simon or staples, but Safeway?

Search this Thread