Safeway/Vons Master thread (2018 onwards)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 12, 21, 7:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: geclub1
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2018. The old thread is here.

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
-Taxes

2021 J4U offers
Feb. 10, 2021: 1) Save $15 off two $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off two $50 Visas. Exp: 2/23/2021
Mar 28, 2021: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 MCs and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 MCs. Exp: 04/10/2021
May 2, 2021: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 MCs and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 MCs. Exp: 05/15/2021
May 23, 2021: 1) Save $15 off two $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off two $50 Visas. Exp: 6/5/2021
July 1, 2021: Post 1235 reported that Safeway is switching vendor from Blackhawk to Incomm


2020 J4U offers
Feb. 9: 1) $15 off two $100 Visas; 2) $10 off two $50 Visas (non variables)
March 29, 2020: Two J4U offers: save $15 off 2 x $100 MCs and save $10 off 2 x $50 MCs. Exp: 04/11/2020.
May 3, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ MCs. Exp: 05/16/2020.
May 24, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ Visas. Exp: 6/6/2020
June 14, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ Visas. Exp: 6/27/2020
June 28, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ MCs. Exp: 7/11/2020
Aug. 16, 2020: 1) Save $15 off two $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off two $50 Visas. Exp: 8/29/2020
Aug. 30, 2020: 1) Save $15 off two $100 MCs and 2) Save $10 off two $50 MCs. Exp: 9/12/2020
Sept. 13, 2020: 1) Save $15 off two $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off two $50 Visas. Exp: 9/26/2020
Oct. 18, 2020: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 MCs and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 MCs. Exp: 10/31/2020
Oct. 25, 2020: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 Visas. Exp: 11/7/2020
Nov. 15, 2020: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 MCs and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 MCs. Exp: 11/28/2020
Nov. 29, 2020: 1) Save $15 off 2 $100 Visas and 2) Save $10 off 2 $50 Visas. Exp: 12/12/2020
Dec. 6, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ Visas. Exp: 12/12/2020
Dec. 27, 2020: Save $10 off $100+ Visas. Exp: 1/2/2021

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 12, 22, 11:26 am
  #1486  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EWR
Posts: 833
Originally Posted by kingscross View Post
sorry to hear that. Where did you buy those SS card? I bought some recently at Albertson and I met one of the regional manager in store in SoCal who told me new rack are very safe now. I just don’t know how safe they are or how long they will be safe.
They were purchased in Pennsylvania.
Bigzamboni is offline  
Old Jan 14, 22, 2:03 pm
  #1487  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Posts: 79
Vanilla Visa GC from CVS works at Alb/Pav/safeway for MO? Thanks

Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
I would immediately file a claim with your state AG office….don’t think InComm will be resolving this expeditiously. The AG office will be just faster in my experience. Their CS reps are rude indeed. I have learned the hard way that the scammers target grocery stores for gift card fraud…I now only buy Vanilla Visa GC at CVS and have never had a problem even when liquidate the card few days after purchase.Good luck!
kingscross is offline  
Old Jan 20, 22, 5:41 pm
  #1488  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
I would immediately file a claim with your state AG office….don’t think InComm will be resolving this expeditiously. The AG office will be just faster in my experience. Their CS reps are rude indeed. I have learned the hard way that the scammers target grocery stores for gift card fraud…I now only buy Vanilla Visa GC at CVS and have never had a problem even when liquidate the card few days after purchase.Good luck!
Wondering if there's difference between SS card sold in CVS and Safeway(Vons/Albertsons)? Or they all are the same type of card??
hickson is offline  
Old Jan 20, 22, 5:56 pm
  #1489  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by hickson View Post
Wondering if there's difference between SS card sold in CVS and Safeway(Vons/Albertsons)? Or they all are the same type of card??
Well Safeway et al switched to Vanilla last year from BHN so they should be same as CVS Vaniila. I checked Safeway Vanilla..not the Secure Spend type… for issuing bank and it’s Sutton Bank thru InComm. I only buy Vaniila at CVS and I think it’s also Sutton Bank. Secure Spend may be different bank issuer.

i will check both SS and regular Vanilla at CVS this weekend and post.
Lovelabs2 is offline  
Old Jan 20, 22, 6:00 pm
  #1490  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
Well Safeway et al switched to Vanilla last year from BHN so they should be same as CVS Vaniila. I checked Safeway Vanilla..not the Secure Spend type… for issuing bank and it’s Sutton Bank thru InComm. I only buy Vaniila at CVS and I think it’s also Sutton Bank. Secure Spend may be different bank issuer.

i will check both SS and regular Vanilla at CVS this weekend and post.
Since the package of SS card in CVS and Safeway are the same....so I thought they come from the same issued bank. Look forward to your further update. TIA.
hickson is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 9:23 pm
  #1491  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Posts: 910
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
Well Safeway et al switched to Vanilla last year from BHN so they should be same as CVS Vaniila. I checked Safeway Vanilla..not the Secure Spend type… for issuing bank and it’s Sutton Bank thru InComm. I only buy Vaniila at CVS and I think it’s also Sutton Bank. Secure Spend may be different bank issuer.

i will check both SS and regular Vanilla at CVS this weekend and post.
Has Albertsons/Safeway completely cleared out BHN? At my local Safeways there are no BHNs to be found. I would think there would still be a few left on the rack waiting to be sold. It is a huge display of OVs and then a few SS Visas in a corner at the bottom.

I always buy the SSs instead of the OVs because I see fewer complaints online of problems, but if anyone thinks OVs are a better bet than SSs, I'd be happy to read your reasoning.
jn in ca is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 9:46 pm
  #1492  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,653
Originally Posted by jn in ca View Post
Has Albertsons/Safeway completely cleared out BHN? At my local Safeways there are no BHNs to be found. I would think there would still be a few left on the rack waiting to be sold. It is a huge display of OVs and then a few SS Visas in a corner at the bottom.

I always buy the SSs instead of the OVs because I see fewer complaints online of problems, but if anyone thinks OVs are a better bet than SSs, I'd be happy to read your reasoning.
why do u think OV may be a better or safer?
danhouston is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 10:05 pm
  #1493  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by jn in ca View Post
Has Albertsons/Safeway completely cleared out BHN? At my local Safeways there are no BHNs to be found. I would think there would still be a few left on the rack waiting to be sold. It is a huge display of OVs and then a few SS Visas in a corner at the bottom.

I always buy the SSs instead of the OVs because I see fewer complaints online of problems, but if anyone thinks OVs are a better bet than SSs, I'd be happy to read your reasoning.
Safeway cleared out all BHN cards when switched to Vanilla…pretty sure that’s the normal MO when switching GC companies As to SS vs Vanilla I haven’t noticed any difference for MOs but I don’t use Walmart for MOs ever anymore which is where ALL the problems with GC emanate. Both types Vanilla GC work same for me buying MOs with no fraud problems ever at grocery stores. I usually liquidate in 24 hr time frame but have held them for few days also without any problems and I never buy GC at grocery stores anymore. That’s mostly where the fraudsters operate especially with USB GC…but with that being said, USB has the best refund policy for fraud on their GC and the best fraud precautions. It remains to be seen how Vanilla bank issuers refunds $$$ fraudsters may steal tho.
Time will tell I’m sure.
Lovelabs2 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 22, 11:16 pm
  #1494  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United Premier Gold
Posts: 4,849
Originally Posted by jn in ca View Post
Has Albertsons/Safeway completely cleared out BHN? At my local Safeways there are no BHNs to be found. I would think there would still be a few left on the rack waiting to be sold. It is a huge display of OVs and then a few SS Visas in a corner at the bottom.

I always buy the SSs instead of the OVs because I see fewer complaints online of problems, but if anyone thinks OVs are a better bet than SSs, I'd be happy to read your reasoning.
Yes. Incomm sends in a team to set up the new display on the changeover day, and they remove all BHN cards for disposal except for the Safeway ones. (Safeway's brand gift cards are administered by BHN)
diburning is offline  
Old Jan 23, 22, 10:44 pm
  #1495  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 183
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
Well Safeway et al switched to Vanilla last year from BHN so they should be same as CVS Vaniila. I checked Safeway Vanilla..not the Secure Spend type… for issuing bank and it’s Sutton Bank thru InComm. I only buy Vaniila at CVS and I think it’s also Sutton Bank. Secure Spend may be different bank issuer.

i will check both SS and regular Vanilla at CVS this weekend and post.
CVS SS Vanilla GC are issued by Metabank and regular Vanilla GC are issued by Sutton Bank…both thru InComm. Inspected both types today at CVS. From other DP the Vanilla MB vgc work at Walmart.

IMHO…I would NOT buy any type of vgc at any grocery stores…..they are the main outlets for the scammers. I may be just very lucky but I’ve never had any fraud with Vanilla GC bought at CVS in over two years.
Lovelabs2 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 22, 10:34 am
  #1496  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EWR
Posts: 833
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2 View Post
CVS SS Vanilla GC are issued by Metabank and regular Vanilla GC are issued by Sutton Bank…both thru InComm. Inspected both types today at CVS. From other DP the Vanilla MB vgc work at Walmart.

IMHO…I would NOT buy any type of vgc at any grocery stores…..they are the main outlets for the scammers. I may be just very lucky but I’ve never had any fraud with Vanilla GC bought at CVS in over two years.
The two compromised Secure Spend cards that I was unfortunate enough to buy were not from a grocery store, so they are certainly out there at other locations.
Bigzamboni is offline  
Old Feb 1, 22, 9:57 pm
  #1497  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 183
In metro areas definitely more locations with fraud no matter where you buy GC….ewr fits that description since I’m very familiar with that region. It’s become a crap shoot now.
Lovelabs2 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 22, 12:17 am
  #1498  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Posts: 79
I did not earn points on SS purchase and rewards clipped on my app did not apply to my grocery purchase today. I hope it just system update or glitch beginning of the month
kingscross is offline  
Old Feb 2, 22, 12:19 am
  #1499  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 129
It died today for me
Tectomoc is offline  
Old Feb 2, 22, 10:29 am
  #1500  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,653
Originally Posted by Tectomoc View Post
It died today for me
u meant the clipped reward pts died or didn't give discount?
danhouston is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread