Safeway/Vons Master thread (2018)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 18, 12:49 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2018. The old thread is here.

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Apr 9, 18, 9:57 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: AA GLD 1.9MM, HH DMD
Posts: 2,007
So, anyone try buying a single $200 fixed card (where available)? Discounts work, or did the developers manage to code this offer correctly?
thehawk75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 18, 10:39 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 449
Originally Posted by thehawk75 View Post
So, anyone try buying a single $200 fixed card (where available)? Discounts work, or did the developers manage to code this offer correctly?
i didn't try. Purchased what was listed on the promo.
briang191 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 18, 7:58 am
  #93  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SMF/FAT/LAX/Wherever the beer is coldest
Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Pre✓, Amazon Super Secret Prime Unobtanium
Posts: 440
Do many of you have issues with clueless cashiers when picking up a handful of cards?

I have 3 stores I rotate through. 1 is like clockwork and has no issues when I put a grip of cards on the register along with my ritualistic diet coke. 2nd is 50/50 - either I get a cashier that just checks my ID against the card I am using to pay, or they just run it through without batting an eye. 3rd store, and the one closest to my house, always seems baffled at the idea of buying VGC with a CC. Last night, stopped in for a few items and figured I would grab some cards at the same time. Just 2 vari VGC. Cashier (who I have done this dance with at least 4 times) calls her super, super just has her check my ID and card, and then we stand there watching the screen wondering what will happen next. Well AMEX could care less and I am nowhere near my limit, so it goes through without any issue. And then they are dumbfounded about it all.

Anyone else have experiences where the cashiers are not trained on the policy and hold up the works?
jtav559 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 18, 8:30 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: Lots
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by jtav559 View Post
Do many of you have issues with clueless cashiers when picking up a handful of cards?

I have 3 stores I rotate through. 1 is like clockwork and has no issues when I put a grip of cards on the register along with my ritualistic diet coke. 2nd is 50/50 - either I get a cashier that just checks my ID against the card I am using to pay, or they just run it through without batting an eye. 3rd store, and the one closest to my house, always seems baffled at the idea of buying VGC with a CC. Last night, stopped in for a few items and figured I would grab some cards at the same time. Just 2 vari VGC. Cashier (who I have done this dance with at least 4 times) calls her super, super just has her check my ID and card, and then we stand there watching the screen wondering what will happen next. Well AMEX could care less and I am nowhere near my limit, so it goes through without any issue. And then they are dumbfounded about it all.

Anyone else have experiences where the cashiers are not trained on the policy and hold up the works?
every cashier at every store is its own YMMV experience.
devastitis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 18, 7:03 pm
  #95  
CDO
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 107
Any datapoints buying MO's at safeway using vgc/mcgc? Does it work like Kroger? My store told me cash only but I think the terminal may allow it.
CDO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 18, 9:14 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by CDO View Post
Any datapoints buying MO's at safeway using vgc/mcgc? Does it work like Kroger? My store told me cash only but I think the terminal may allow it.
No & No
Davyboyo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 18, 3:00 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SJC
Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 295
Check your just4u accounts. There is an offer for 15 off 2 100 dollar visa gift cards and 10 off 2 50 dollar visa gift cards. Combine with chase 5% on groceries, it should be great.
lifeonitsown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 18, 4:50 pm
  #98  
CDO
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by lifeonitsown View Post
Check your just4u accounts. There is an offer for 15 off 2 100 dollar visa gift cards and 10 off 2 50 dollar visa gift cards. Combine with chase 5% on groceries, it should be great.
new one?
CDO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 18, 10:20 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,633
Originally Posted by lifeonitsown View Post
Check your just4u accounts. There is an offer for 15 off 2 100 dollar visa gift cards and 10 off 2 50 dollar visa gift cards. Combine with chase 5% on groceries, it should be great.
This promotion started about a week ago, and is discussed above in posts 62 - 81.
Steve in Olympia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 18, 9:00 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
There is one Safeway near me where one cashier thinks it's illegal to "buy a credit card with a credit card". He talked down to me like I was an idiot and wouldn't even try to run the transaction. Oddly, a week later, I hit the same store and the assistant manager was running the fast lane and ran my transaction without question or issue. Go figure.
New to FF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:01 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted by New to FF View Post
There is one Safeway near me where one cashier thinks it's illegal to "buy a credit card with a credit card". He talked down to me like I was an idiot and wouldn't even try to run the transaction. Oddly, a week later, I hit the same store and the assistant manager was running the fast lane and ran my transaction without question or issue. Go figure.
Par for the course in this game. Just skip the problem checker.
lobo411 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 18, 11:54 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas, USA
Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Explorist, BA Bronze, BW Diamond Elite
Posts: 24
I reported this on DOC, but I'd like some feedback. Until about March I was getting fuel points on everywhere visas and $5.95 moneypaks. Since then, I've been getting 0 on all transactions. Anyone else get this? Have the rules changed?
jmanEB04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 18, 7:14 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by jmanEB04 View Post
I reported this on DOC, but I'd like some feedback. Until about March I was getting fuel points on everywhere visas and $5.95 moneypaks. Since then, I've been getting 0 on all transactions. Anyone else get this? Have the rules changed?
Yes, talking to customer service mgr at one of my stores found out this is now implemented for all Visa/MC cards. Only store/restaurant/services GCs earn fuel points.
kurt711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 18, 10:02 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Don't know if this is news or helpful but I've had no problem buying 2 $500's at a time at Vons in California. $5.95 fee.

Doing it for the 5% categories cashback. Probably not worth it once I use that up.
cbc18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 18, 8:58 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,560
New J4U promo:

Buy 2x $100 MCGC, get $15 instantly

and

Buy 2x $50 MCGC, get $10 instantly

No fuel rewards
lobo411 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread