Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ali7204
No, I am not. I am aware of all the possible limits and combo. $8k/ rolling 30 days/account. This seems very strange. I will give it a try via manual BP instead using an app.
It's per person not account number.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
Originally Posted by danpeake
It's per person not account number.
correct. I am still under that limit. It's very strange, I can pay for other bills but not this new discover card.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:00 pm

WM Billpay & TD Bank Mortgage

Trying to use WM Billpay to pay TD Bank mortgage, yet unsuccessful. Anyone else paying TD mortgages w/WM Billpay?

Options tried:
• TD Bank Consumer Loans
• TD Bank North
* TD Bank

Select the biller, enter the criteria and after entering bill zip code (04240,) getting error "Transaction Declined. We're sorry, unfortunately we re unable to process this transaction. Tap done to close this screen"
WM support, well, lets say no one has been able to address the topic.

--------
UPDATE: Turns out there is a TD BANKNORTH MTG (which shows up if you do not add a space at the end of bank). This looks like it might work....now w/a different issue.
Previous options for CheckFree, yet w/the MTG option only option is MoneyGram and fee jumps to $4.99 minimum ~ and while mortgage is sizable one can not justify that cost.

Any tips or insights?

Last edited by pixelrogue; Aug 10, 2020 at 1:16 pm Reason: New information.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Trying to use WM Billpay to pay TD Bank mortgage, yet unsuccessful. Anyone else paying TD mortgages w/WM Billpay?

Options tried:
• TD Bank Consumer Loans
• TD Bank North
* TD Bank

Select the biller, enter the criteria and after entering bill zip code (04240,) getting error "Transaction Declined. We're sorry, unfortunately we re unable to process this transaction. Tap done to close this screen"
WM support, well, lets say no one has been able to address the topic.

--------
UPDATE: Turns out there is a TD BANKNORTH MTG (which shows up if you do not add a space at the end of bank). This looks like it might work....now w/a different issue.
Previous options for CheckFree, yet w/the MTG option only option is MoneyGram and fee jumps to $4.99 minimum ~ and while mortgage is sizable one can not justify that cost.

Any tips or insights?
Try this at a large grocery chain, many of them do CFP. They usually won't care if you BP to a mortgage with gift cards.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:58 am

Anyone have details on unlimited MG billpays? Feel free to DM.
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cdog999
I know people bring family members to WM to set up BP in APP, after the first time, they can just use APP with family member ID w/o family member present.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Is Kroger no good now?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
tried to set up a BP in the app and ran into this error, not sure if my ID is not good for BP any more
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:33 pm

Anyone getting blocked from using giftcards at Walmart for Billpay? I was able to get the transaction done last week.

However, I went to two walmarts this week and both saw my GiftCard debit card and wouldn't allow the transaction. One teller told me the transaction will go through but she will get in trouble by management if she lets it. I'm wondering if its just my local area (south cali in los angeles) or if this is a nationwide policy now.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by coolguy100
tried to set up a BP in the app and ran into this error, not sure if my ID is not good for BP any more
Was this because your credit card account had been closed so that you had no account to send to with BP?

OTOH, are you banned from Walmart? I thought that WMBP was independent from MG so that you could still do WMBP even when banned by MG.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by gimmeyourmiles
Anyone getting blocked from using giftcards at Walmart for Billpay? I was able to get the transaction done last week.

However, I went to two walmarts this week and both saw my GiftCard debit card and wouldn't allow the transaction. One teller told me the transaction will go through but she will get in trouble by management if she lets it. I'm wondering if its just my local area (south cali in los angeles) or if this is a nationwide policy now.
Sounds like you ran into the local "GC patrol" operated by "free thinking" CSRs who want to ensure that you "play by their rules"

Either go another time with different CSRs to the same WM. If you get the same blow back, then the service manager has instituted rules on using GCs for payment. In this scenario, you have to wait it out until the manager and CSRs change. There are plenty of DPs in this thread where WMs were initially unavailable for MO and BP services but came back to life after a period of time.

There are also plenty of DPs where certain regions of the country have WMs that are unfriendly, to say the least, to MSing activity and have been that way for a long time. You didn't tell us where you were having the trouble, but if you did, we might be able to tell you from experience whether you reside in one of those regions of the country.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Was this because your credit card account had been closed so that you had no account to send to with BP?

OTOH, are you banned from Walmart? I thought that WMBP was independent from MG so that you could still do WMBP even when banned by MG.
The bill-pay app has no clue if an account is closed. I did just fine paying shut-down C1 and Shitibank accounts for a few months, and just getting refund checks.

The app has been very glitchy lately, I've seen similar errors before so now I just do phone # lookup payments.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
The app has been very glitchy lately, I've seen similar errors before so now I just do phone # lookup payments.
What's the procedure for this? Is your phone number connected to a previous payment you've done through the app?

The one and only time I asked my WM CSR to go to the CFBP option on their screen, they couldn't find it for VISA. I had to use the app.

Last edited by daddyo_daddyo; Aug 21, 2020 at 7:57 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
What's the procedure for this? Is your phone number connected to a previous payment you've done through the app?

The one and only time I asked my WM CSR to go to the CFBP option on their screen, they couldn't find it for VISA. I had to use the app.
Not all stores have the same options for bill-pays. We've seen reports that some Walmarts don't have Visa as an option. If you try another walmart they might have it.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo

Yes, all past paid accounts can be looked up using the phone # associated with that app account. You can even set up new payments that way.

I'm not sure if some WM stores don't have the Visa/MC option, or cashiers are just clueless and don't know how to set it up. I find it strange that such a common CFP biller name would be missing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.