Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by royallyflushed
I did a $780 BP (1st time ever) set up through the mobile app. When I got to the store the person at MC checked my ID and typed in some stuff. Is this normal? I have never been asked for ID when I buy MO (max amount is only $750 though). I was able to swipe my Simon GC to successfully fund the BP though. Just the detailed checking kinda freaked me out. I thought they only did that if someone runs large amounts and is suspected of fraud or something.
In bold is why! They need to verify/confirm what you entered matches your ID
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
In bold is why! They need to verify/confirm what you entered matches your ID
Yikes, thanks! I'm dumb. She did also type a lot of stuff though... wonder what it was if she were only verifying my info. Hopefully it's nothing!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100
can Banco Popular Lifemile Visa card be BPed? going to test out myself.
How'd that work out for you?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
How'd that work out for you?
tried BP under Visa and it worked.
Prometheus77 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Noticed a strange thing with my Discover card: after BP posted, the available credit did not increase. My CL is $10K, balance is $0, but available credit only $2K. That's been for almost 4 days.

It was never the case before. Is it a bad sign? The card is working.
Bill paying Discover is a known shut down risk and strongly discouraged. You'll likely find your payments are held 8 business days.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:47 am
jk2

Originally Posted by horseymen
Bill paying Discover is a known shut down risk and strongly discouraged. You'll likely find your payments are held 8 business days.
Never heard about this. I do pay discover this way for 4 years straight, never been a problem (no hold or something like that). Always stay below CL, no cycling. Last payment was even from the linked bank account. CL still not updated.
Chelski likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jk2
Never heard about this. I do pay discover this way for 4 years straight, never been a problem (no hold or something like that). Always stay below CL, no cycling. Last payment was even from the linked bank account. CL still not updated.
No Cycling CL reduces shutdown risk, but BP and MS could still lead to shutdown w/o cycling CL. 4 years doesn't mean eternity.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:38 pm

In MS, everything is ... until it isn't.
coolguy100 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:52 am
jk2

Originally Posted by jk2
Noticed a strange thing with my Discover card: after BP posted, the available credit did not increase. My CL is $10K, balance is $0, but available credit only $2K. That's been for almost 4 days.

It was never the case before. Is it a bad sign? The card is working.
update: "available credit" still on the same level. It's been more than 10 days now. I don't understand what is going on.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by jk2
update: "available credit" still on the same level. It's been more than 10 days now. I don't understand what is going on.
They're notorious for that, not releasing CL even after payment has cleared. This happens even if you paid from a legit bank account. If you call them, they usually clear it manually but no idea how it would work with billpay, as the reason they cite for the hold is usually some BS about needing to verify payment is finalized.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:18 pm

there are a bunch of cards that don't like anonymous billpays. discover is one. capital one another. some citicards.

other cards don't like cycling credit limits. throttling available credit after payment mitigates their perceived risk for both of those actions.

some banks have been known to close accounts for excessive bill pays.

the credit limit will eventually free up, but it just isn't worth it as much anymore provided you can find other liquidation avenues.
horseymen likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:55 pm

Can call D to free up CL. Also learn to time it better.

any1 else done a BP > $3k?? TMW requests second ID at least when entered in app...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski

mortgage company is likely to want to document where the funds are coming from and MOs may create questions. Some mortgages only allow one payment/month.

i cashed out 100+ 5-backs at Home Depot in a single transaction. Then the $1.25s were the real pain.
not as much as the 6c ones.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:55 pm

Summer is over and it's time to pay the bills. I opened my Walmart app, and to my horror, it asks a $9.99 fee for a BP to Discover, and Citi CC "cannot be found" as a bill receiver. I wonder if this is an isolated incident, or the Wally World has finally shut down on me?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by romeogg
Summer is over and it's time to pay the bills. I opened my Walmart app, and to my horror, it asks a $9.99 fee for a BP to Discover, and Citi CC "cannot be found" as a bill receiver. I wonder if this is an isolated incident, or the Wally World has finally shut down on me?
Both are showing up in the app for me at $1.50. Search for "CitiBank" and not "Citi CC"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.