Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Whittaker
Looks like the walls are closing in folks.

Young guy I've become familiar with over the past half-year or more was manning the MC, and he told me I was no longer going to be able to do multiple separate BP transactions. He pointed to an 8x10 sheet of a heavily photocopied sheet, whose resolution was so bad it looked like an old mimeograph, which was taped to the little divider-wall that separates the cashier stations. At the top, in a large font, it said 'MANUFACTURED SPENDING', and he said it listed all the stuff they could no longer do. MOs limited to one transaction(Which I previously posted about in the MO thread). BPs limited to one transaction. If this gets widely enforced, it'll be one MO and one BP per branch.
Many people on this thread would dream of being able to do just one BP or MO. Those walls fell down elsewhere much earlier for many.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Many people on this thread would dream of being able to do just one BP or MO. Those walls fell down elsewhere much earlier for many.
I would contend that's as a result of many people revealing their GCs.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:38 am

I believe the in-app limit is $8,000/mo but the in-store limit, is that $8,000/mo like in-app bill pay or is the in-store bill pay limit $8,000/day like money order?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by no1speciallll
I believe the in-app limit is $8,000/mo but the in-store limit, is that $8,000/mo like in-app bill pay or is the in-store bill pay limit $8,000/day like money order?
Unless you're aware of a workaround no one else on this thread has yet discovered, in-app bill pay is dead as of fall 2021.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:49 am

Thanks for the reply. I actually was not interested in in-app billpay but I mentioned it because of the information at the top of the wiki. But I’m really interested in clarifying the limits for in-store billpay.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by no1speciallll
Thanks for the reply. I actually was not interested in in-app billpay but I mentioned it because of the information at the top of the wiki. But I’m really interested in clarifying the limits for in-store billpay.
It's supposed to be 8k per 30 day rolling window PER account. Account being defined as your name + phone #. With multiple accounts you can theoretically do a ton of BPs per month, but lately the limit seems to be that CFP has been randomly blocking accounts with no way to reverse it, and MG / WU have limited reach. Actually WU limit is 10k/mo for each card paid, regardless of how many WM accounts you make. MG is supposedly unlimited but they'll likely just block your ID if you overdo it.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:42 pm

What counts as a new account? If I use different phone number + same ID, would that be a way to get another 8k/month? Or do I need to use a different ID?
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:03 am

Trouble?

Anybody having a trouble with bill pay? They enter my phone #, and they can pull the list of accounts I have paid. Once an account is selected, they get blank screen rather than selecting a payment method (next day, etc). They showed me their screen. I'm going to try another Walmart in a bit, but just wondered it's happening WM system wide or regional or etc.

Well, apparently that particular WM had an issue. Another WM no problem.

Last edited by vagrants; Jan 26, 2023 at 9:34 am
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
Haven't been playing BP for couple years and it seems that the BP from Walmart APP was gone long time ago. I googled how to setup a BP account(checkfreepay) but it did not give me much more information.
where can I setup a account to make a BP Thank you

Last edited by facehu; Jan 28, 2023 at 6:41 pm
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by facehu
Haven't been playing BP for couple years and it seems that the BP from Walmart APP was gone long time ago. I googled how to setup a BP account(checkfreepay) but it did not give me much more information.
where can I setup a account to make a BP Thank you
Read this thread very carefully (especially the last year) and you will discover why your Google search was so unsuccessful.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:09 am

read all posts. but it did not provide how to setup CFP.
I went to store and asked for a bill pay and was required to provide a phone number. but my number did not come up with anything.
that's what confused me.
In the past, i just opened the app to scan the QR code to pay.

what's the right steps to start a BP via CFP at local WM?
Originally Posted by radonc1
Read this thread very carefully (especially the last year) and you will discover why your Google search was so unsuccessful.

Last edited by facehu; Jan 29, 2023 at 3:17 pm Reason: correct
Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by facehu
read all posts. but it did provide how to setup CFP.
I went to store and asked for a bill pay and was required to provide a phone number. but my number did come up with anything.
that's what confused me.
In the past, i just opened the app to scan the QR code to pay.

what's the right steps to start a BP via CFP at local WM?

If you once before used QR code and setup BP in the app, that same account should still be alive, unless they purge them after a few years of non-use.

They can make new account, just give them your ID and phone # and then biller name, followed by which BP method you like (cfp, wu, mg).
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
If you once before used QR code and setup BP in the app, that same account should still be alive, unless they purge them after a few years of non-use.
After they killed the app and I went back to the store, none of my billers I had setup were saved. I had to reconstruct everything, and I couldn't even remember what some of them were named.

They can make new account, just give them your ID and phone # and then biller name, followed by which BP method you like (cfp, wu, mg).
Originally, before the app, CFP had an online searchable biller database with the charges. I wish all three had that now.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:18 pm

Thank you for the tips. I will try at store.
But is there a online account to setup anything after registering at Walmart?

Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:28 pm

It's supposed to be 8k per 30 day rolling window PER account. Account being defined as your name + phone #. With multiple accounts you can theoretically do a ton of BPs per month, but lately the limit seems to be that CFP has been randomly blocking accounts with no way to reverse it, and MG / WU have limited reach. Actually WU limit is 10k/mo for each card paid, regardless of how many WM accounts you make. MG is supposedly unlimited but they'll likely just block your ID if you overdo it.
Does the 8k/30 day limit apply only for CFP or for the entire account? Meaning can I do 8k through CFP, then another 10k through WU? Or is the 8k limit combined for all BP providers?

My dp seems to be the latter. I did 8k already through CFP and cannot do any more through WU or MG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.