Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Today, the Walmart App no longer recognizes the Payee AMERICAN EXPRESS-NEXT DAY.

It says Sorry, we couldn't find this payee. Check that this spelling is correct and try again.

I tried to assigning the Walmart App to different Walmart locations but still get the same message.

The Walmart MoneyCenter employee saw my previous American Express Bill Pays but said the AMERICAN EXPRESS payee used before no longer shows up on their computer terminal.

Has anyone else experienced that the Walmart Money Center is no longer allowing AMERICAN EXPRESS Bill Pays?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by GYasuda
Today, the Walmart App no longer recognizes the Payee AMERICAN EXPRESS-NEXT DAY.

It says Sorry, we couldn't find this payee. Check that this spelling is correct and try again.

I tried to assigning the Walmart App to different Walmart locations but still get the same message.

The Walmart MoneyCenter employee saw my previous American Express Bill Pays but said the AMERICAN EXPRESS payee used before no longer shows up on their computer terminal.

Has anyone else experienced that the Walmart Money Center is no longer allowing AMERICAN EXPRESS Bill Pays?
I was able to set 1 up for 95.01 to test.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’ve still got a Suntrust Skymiles debut card and can buy MO with no problem anywhere. My problem is liquidating those. Sigh. My bank gets fussy with too many MO deposits.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:03 am

I see Cit1 is 8.99 and Am3x is 4.99 on the app, so I don't think it is worth the cost. Are some of you paying those fees?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’ve still got a Suntrust Skymiles debut card and can buy MO with no problem anywhere. My problem is liquidating those. Sigh. My bank gets fussy with too many MO deposits.
Ummm.... why would you not get more bank accounts??? Seems like an easy problem to solve
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thedealkiller
Ummm.... why would you not get more bank accounts??? Seems like an easy problem to solve
I have. The three banks all got fussy. I ended up closing the extras b/c I didn't want to use them for anything else.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have. The three banks all got fussy. I ended up closing the extras b/c I didn't want to use them for anything else.
What exactly does fussy mean? These should be disposable accounts (which they were, since you closed them anyway). Pound them until they close you, then move on. MS 101.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by thedealkiller
What exactly does fussy mean? These should be disposable accounts (which they were, since you closed them anyway). Pound them until they close you, then move on. MS 101.
You might think about enrolling in MS 201. Much more useful
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
I see Cit1 is 8.99 and Am3x is 4.99 on the app, so I don't think it is worth the cost. Are some of you paying those fees?
I will pay $4.99 for AmEx on occasion (usually when trying to MS a lot of Starpoints for something specific). Really only adds $1.25 to cost of MS per $500 card which isn't that outrageous.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
You might think about enrolling in MS 201. Much more useful
Please send a link to your course and I'll gladly sign up.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:15 pm

Need your help on my missing BP by using Walmart App... This happened before the wiki has the information about this issue...
So did 2 back to back billpayments to the same accounts. First one posted without problem but second one never posted. Walmart called Checkfreepay confirm that they didn't receive the money from Walmart so the money just stuck somewhere at Walmart. However the Walmart keep asking me for the confirmation receipt(the short one) which the Walmart app delete after 5 transactions, I still have the long receipt through but no last 4 digits of the credit card. What's stupid that they are making the excuse just based on that I cannot provide the confirmation number.
Walmart also said they checked the balance in cash office and there is no additional $2000.
Any idea what's the best strategy to deal with Walmart? small claim court?
Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by weiphone
Need your help on my missing BP by using Walmart App... This happened before the wiki has the information about this issue...
So did 2 back to back billpayments to the same accounts. First one posted without problem but second one never posted. Walmart called Checkfreepay confirm that they didn't receive the money from Walmart so the money just stuck somewhere at Walmart. However the Walmart keep asking me for the confirmation receipt(the short one) which the Walmart app delete after 5 transactions, I still have the long receipt through but no last 4 digits of the credit card. What's stupid that they are making the excuse just based on that I cannot provide the confirmation number.
Walmart also said they checked the balance in cash office and there is no additional $2000.
Thanks!
in app go to savings catcher and enter receipt long number. it should pull the whole receipt with short number on it
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
in app go to savings catcher and enter receipt long number. it should pull the whole receipt with short number on it
The payment was made on 1/1/2018, so saving catcher cannot look up for it. Even in the Walmart store, they scanned the long number and cannot print out the short number...
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:41 pm

Thanks!
Have the manager search and print both the receipts/transactions using the day, time, which register & clerk as a reference. If the BP did not go through, you may not have received a receipt in the app for the second one. Do you have the cards you used to reference to the receipt? Once you have both receipts call CFP with the manager.

Last edited by Travelz; Jan 12, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:05 am

Thanks!
Are you certain that the small CFP receipt was generated originally? Did you check the app after the transaction? I always take screen shots of my BP receipts the same day of the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.