FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887391-billpay-walmart-2018-onwards.html)

GYasuda Jan 3, 2018 5:38 pm

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Today, the Walmart App no longer recognizes the Payee AMERICAN EXPRESS-NEXT DAY.

It says Sorry, we couldn't find this payee. Check that this spelling is correct and try again.

I tried to assigning the Walmart App to different Walmart locations but still get the same message.

The Walmart MoneyCenter employee saw my previous American Express Bill Pays but said the AMERICAN EXPRESS payee used before no longer shows up on their computer terminal.

Has anyone else experienced that the Walmart Money Center is no longer allowing AMERICAN EXPRESS Bill Pays?

lumangoy Jan 3, 2018 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by GYasuda (Post 29246819)
Today, the Walmart App no longer recognizes the Payee AMERICAN EXPRESS-NEXT DAY.

It says Sorry, we couldn't find this payee. Check that this spelling is correct and try again.

I tried to assigning the Walmart App to different Walmart locations but still get the same message.

The Walmart MoneyCenter employee saw my previous American Express Bill Pays but said the AMERICAN EXPRESS payee used before no longer shows up on their computer terminal.

Has anyone else experienced that the Walmart Money Center is no longer allowing AMERICAN EXPRESS Bill Pays?

I was able to set 1 up for 95.01 to test.

Stgermainparis Jan 9, 2018 5:50 pm

I’ve still got a Suntrust Skymiles debut card and can buy MO with no problem anywhere. My problem is liquidating those. Sigh. My bank gets fussy with too many MO deposits.

Travelz Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

I see Cit1 is 8.99 and Am3x is 4.99 on the app, so I don't think it is worth the cost. Are some of you paying those fees?

thedealkiller Jan 10, 2018 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 29272248)
I’ve still got a Suntrust Skymiles debut card and can buy MO with no problem anywhere. My problem is liquidating those. Sigh. My bank gets fussy with too many MO deposits.

Ummm.... why would you not get more bank accounts??? Seems like an easy problem to solve

Stgermainparis Jan 10, 2018 8:06 am

Originally Posted by thedealkiller (Post 29274104)
Ummm.... why would you not get more bank accounts??? Seems like an easy problem to solve

I have. The three banks all got fussy. I ended up closing the extras b/c I didn't want to use them for anything else.

thedealkiller Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 29274333)
I have. The three banks all got fussy. I ended up closing the extras b/c I didn't want to use them for anything else.

What exactly does fussy mean? These should be disposable accounts (which they were, since you closed them anyway). Pound them until they close you, then move on. MS 101.

hamokmonky Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am

Originally Posted by thedealkiller (Post 29274873)
What exactly does fussy mean? These should be disposable accounts (which they were, since you closed them anyway). Pound them until they close you, then move on. MS 101.

You might think about enrolling in MS 201. Much more useful

bodiddely Jan 10, 2018 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Travelz (Post 29273733)
I see Cit1 is 8.99 and Am3x is 4.99 on the app, so I don't think it is worth the cost. Are some of you paying those fees?

I will pay $4.99 for AmEx on occasion (usually when trying to MS a lot of Starpoints for something specific). Really only adds $1.25 to cost of MS per $500 card which isn't that outrageous.

thedealkiller Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky (Post 29274918)
You might think about enrolling in MS 201. Much more useful

Please send a link to your course and I'll gladly sign up.

weiphone Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Need your help on my missing BP by using Walmart App... This happened before the wiki has the information about this issue...
So did 2 back to back billpayments to the same accounts. First one posted without problem but second one never posted. Walmart called Checkfreepay confirm that they didn't receive the money from Walmart so the money just stuck somewhere at Walmart. However the Walmart keep asking me for the confirmation receipt(the short one) which the Walmart app delete after 5 transactions, I still have the long receipt through but no last 4 digits of the credit card. What's stupid that they are making the excuse just based on that I cannot provide the confirmation number.
Walmart also said they checked the balance in cash office and there is no additional $2000.
Any idea what's the best strategy to deal with Walmart? small claim court?
Thanks!

cashcyclone Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by weiphone (Post 29285430)
Need your help on my missing BP by using Walmart App... This happened before the wiki has the information about this issue...
So did 2 back to back billpayments to the same accounts. First one posted without problem but second one never posted. Walmart called Checkfreepay confirm that they didn't receive the money from Walmart so the money just stuck somewhere at Walmart. However the Walmart keep asking me for the confirmation receipt(the short one) which the Walmart app delete after 5 transactions, I still have the long receipt through but no last 4 digits of the credit card. What's stupid that they are making the excuse just based on that I cannot provide the confirmation number.
Walmart also said they checked the balance in cash office and there is no additional $2000.
Thanks!

in app go to savings catcher and enter receipt long number. it should pull the whole receipt with short number on it

weiphone Jan 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone (Post 29285489)
in app go to savings catcher and enter receipt long number. it should pull the whole receipt with short number on it

The payment was made on 1/1/2018, so saving catcher cannot look up for it. Even in the Walmart store, they scanned the long number and cannot print out the short number...

Travelz Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks!

Have the manager search and print both the receipts/transactions using the day, time, which register & clerk as a reference. If the BP did not go through, you may not have received a receipt in the app for the second one. Do you have the cards you used to reference to the receipt? Once you have both receipts call CFP with the manager.

FrankMS Jan 13, 2018 6:05 am

Thanks!

Are you certain that the small CFP receipt was generated originally? Did you check the app after the transaction? I always take screen shots of my BP receipts the same day of the transaction.