Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
the $8k per 30 days BP limit apply to both MG on amex cards and CheckFreePAY on Visa/master/discover?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by coolguy100
how can you do $8k in one transaction with 4 swipes? $2k per swipe?
It all depends on the cards you have and their limits.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Clueless12

It all depends on the cards you have and their limits.
I think the OP was asking how are you paying if $8K should be done in one transaction? I have yet to read of $2K VGCs that you can swipe 4x or if you're paying full amount in one swipe using a rewards DC attached to a checking account?

I will wait for DPs to find out if $8K can be done in separate transactions with just one eMSAR; if reports say register prompts SAR for each transaction, I won't proceed.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I think the OP was asking how are you paying if $8K should be done in one transaction? I have yet to read of $2K VGCs that you can swipe 4x or if you're paying full amount in one swipe using a rewards DC attached to a checking account?

I will wait for DPs to find out if $8K can be done in separate transactions with just one eMSAR; if reports say register prompts SAR for each transaction, I won't proceed.
Think outside the box
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yoyo
Think outside the box
walmart IS the box, outside the box is out of walmart.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:17 pm

Emsar is for mo not bp. Bp already has ur info. WMHQ sends All emsar/msar to fed dB. Had to answer Qs about old transactions. No Qs about bp transactions only mo.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chelski
Emsar is for mo not bp. Bp already has ur info. WMHQ sends All emsar/msar to fed dB. Had to answer Qs about old transactions. No Qs about bp transactions only mo.
Haha - that's rich.
Chelski likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:44 am

yesterday i made 8 k of bp. Lets hope its not adding to the new quota of 8k per month.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:38 pm

2 x 1998.50 for discover today in 4 x 500, no problems
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:08 am

Monday - CFP to mastercard - 2 x 1998.5 and CFP to Barclays - 2 x 1998.50
Tuesday - CFP to Mastercard 1 x 1998.5 and MG to Amex - 2 x 1995 .

All from the same account / phone number / id. Lets hope everything goes well
Travelz likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:12 am

Any data points today? Maybe the update happened last night. My MO and BP worked fine Tuesday.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Travelz
Any data points today? Maybe the update happened last night. My MO and BP worked fine Tuesday.
Bill pay was BAU for me on Wednesday night.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Bill pay was BAU for me on Wednesday night.

How much was the amount for each BP and how many BPs u did in the past 1/2 days ?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
How much was the amount for each BP and how many BPs u did in the past 1/2 days ?
I'd rather not provide specifics, other than to say most of my Bill Pays are around $2000, and I've done more than $8000 in the last few days.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:56 pm

DP: Not saying total B/Ps I've made except they were for different payees, all payments near $2K for each and I've done way more than $8K on Mon, Tue and today. I did NOT experience register block; all were done via phone look-up, nothing unusual except cashier took a while in finding the right button. I think she pressed BillPay to find CFP. This store already had software updates, it's looking good!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.