Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:17 pm

Did a BP Sat with a VGC. Everything was fine until I swiped the card, then NOTHING. The screen went back to the default screen. The cashier and I looked at each other and I said what happened ? She said I don't know.

She told me to try re-swiping the card. I figured I had nothing to lose, as it's not like it could take the funds twice like a real BDC.

Approved!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by joelmeu
In the Apple App Store the app is named "Walmart - Shopping and Saving". Inside the app, there is a "Services" option, followed by "Money Services", followed by "Pay a Bill".
Originally Posted by Mamibear
Tried Xpress Pay using app to pay CUs and they were all successful. Non app B/P also worked without issues at a different store. Looks like next day payments for Visa and MCs via phone look-up charged a flat rate of $1.50 instead of $1.88 which is a welcome development.

Is he/her referring to Walmart app here??
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by elegua
Is he/her referring to Walmart app here??
yes, there's no other app to use when doing CFP at Walmart.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:03 pm

Anyone test if the app is working again for mc/visa?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
I tested MC yesterday and trans was canceled and I was paid in cash.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:45 am

I meant to mention that my post from yesterday was via the WM app. Other than the hiccup, it worked.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:33 pm

Not working on Monday. Got cash back (used MC) and bought MOs.

Also, on Friday after getting $2000 cash back tried to pay MC (CC) via app with that cash but still unable to process transaction. Bought MOs instead.

Last edited by touristtrap; Oct 2, 2018 at 6:37 pm Reason: Additional data
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:46 pm

Successfully paid boa cc last Saturday, payment arrived today

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Not working on Monday. Got cash back (used MC) and bought MOs.

Also, on Friday after getting $2000 cash back tried to pay MC (CC) via app with that cash but still unable to process transaction. Bought MOs instead.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Did a visa payment Monday before 7pm, and it's showing as pending on the cc today.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:09 pm

To those successfully used the app to pay Visa/MC card #s recently (within a week), did you have issues (cash refund) prior?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by VJCflyer
To those successfully used the app to pay Visa/MC card #s recently (within a week), did you have issues (cash refund) prior?
Didnt ever have the refund issue. Fee has always been $1.50. Havent done >5 BP (across all cards) in a 30 d period
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

Didnt ever have the refund issue. Fee has always been $1.50. Havent done >5 BP (across all cards) in a 30 d period
Are you doing the BP with the issuing bank, like Barcl@y or C1t1 or are you using Visa or MC in the app? The issuing bank does not cause a problem, only the Visa/MC option.

Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10.

Sample of app below- You can see that the C1t1 card can be paid 2 ways.

TYPE CARD NO.
Barcl@y 4400
C1t1 3845
Master 3845
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
Are you doing the BP with the issuing bank, like Barcl@y or C1t1 or are you using Visa or MC in the app? The issuing bank does not cause a problem, only the Visa/MC option.

Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10.

Sample of app below- You can see that the C1t1 card can be paid 2 ways.

TYPE CARD NO.
Barcl@y 4400
C1t1 3845
Master 3845
Thought I had selected VISA but looking back transactions are all c@p1 as payee.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

Thought I had selected VISA but looking back transactions are all c@p1 as payee.
Just thought I would explain it for others that have not used Visa/MC.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:43 am

Can anyone confirm if Visa will work for Blispay Visa? Still bummed that Visa doesn't work for Alliant Visa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.