Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by redarmy
Did you use the App?
Yes. Used app, everything went through, then after last swipe the MC person said it didn't go through. Then started to count out the money like it was no issue.

Just did a cash BP after that.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
what do you mean by "manually"? Like old method - she typed everything on her "money services" terminal?
I believe that's what she did. Yes, where the CSR enters all the info on their end -- as opposed to having the transaction staged in the Walmart app.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
What app are you referring?
It's the Walmart app for mobile devices. It has a "Money Services" area where you can choose to "Pay a Bill", which allows you to stage a transaction for your credit card bill payment (or other types of bill payments).
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:28 pm
CDO
Suspended

Seems like the app is useless at this point but it may become functional in the future
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:46 pm

I did couple Visa and MC BPs with app today. No issues
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
I did couple Visa and MC BPs with app today. No issues
Did you have issues before doing BPs to the same account #'s?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by VJCflyer
Did you have issues before doing BPs to the same account #'s?
no issues before either but for last 3 weeks I didnt make any BPs. Maybe yours is location or account related
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:13 pm

Can you give more info?, there are few xpress pay apps in my play store, can you please tell which one did you use?, Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Tried Xpress Pay using app to pay CUs and they were all successful. Non app B/P also worked without issues at a different store. Looks like next day payments for Visa and MCs via phone look-up charged a flat rate of $1.50 instead of $1.88 which is a welcome development.
I saw you mentioned you had issues with this before recently. Did you try new account numbers this time or did you use the same account numbers like before? Also, could you mention which CUs you got it working using the app? TIA.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
just tried to BP using app to a citi card which I BP before. fee is $1.5 instead of historical $1.88. 4 swipes successfully, cashier said transaction was voided and have to refund me cash of $2k. I went ahead to exchange the $2k cash with 2 MOs.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:20 am

Master and Visa not working in the app, use phone number lookup

Originally Posted by coolguy100
just tried to BP using app to a citi card which I BP before. fee is $1.5 instead of historical $1.88. 4 swipes successfully, cashier said transaction was voided and have to refund me cash of $2k. I went ahead to exchange the $2k cash with 2 MOs.
Did you BP with the app for Master or Visa? Master and Visa are not working in the app for the last few weeks because the programmer probably forgot to change some part of the script in the app so it fails to process. They are changing the fee from 1.88 to 1.50 and hopefully they will find the problem soon.

Phone number lookup- You can always BP by having the CSR look up your account with your phone number. Let them know if it is Master or Visa and the last 4 digits of the card. I have a lot of cards listed so this helps them find the right one.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Travelz
Did you BP with the app for Master or Visa? Master and Visa are not working in the app for the last few weeks because the programmer probably forgot to change some part of the script in the app so it fails to process. They are changing the fee from 1.88 to 1.50 and hopefully they will find the problem soon.

Phone number lookup- You can always BP by having the CSR look up your account with your phone number. Let them know if it is Master or Visa and the last 4 digits of the card. I have a lot of cards listed so this helps them find the right one.
yes, I BP with the app for Master (a citi card). good to know phone number lookup can work effectively...will try it out. thanks bro!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elegua
Can you give more info?, there are few xpress pay apps in my play store, can you please tell which one did you use?, Thank you
The info is all in the last 2 pages, what else do you need?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by beast7276
If you look at your receipt, I think you'll see that although it might say next day on the screen when the CSR selects it, they're actually 2 business days now.
Yes, I noticed this for months now (sometimes it took 3 biz days) that's why I don't make payments that is near any CC's cut off statement date. I've made payments on Wed morning and they posted to payee's account on Monday. Most, if not all my CCs, are paid on or before statement cut date so I have never paid any late fees.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by elegua
In the Apple App Store the app is named "Walmart - Shopping and Saving". Inside the app, there is a "Services" option, followed by "Money Services", followed by "Pay a Bill".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.