Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by ECCM
Just called MG again, and they said the payment has been returned to the store and that I needed to go back to the same store the payment was made for a refund.

On a side note, has anyone who has had a payment rejected been able to billpay subsequently, or are you blacklisted?
I think this is the first time we are hearing about MG declining the payment for Unsatisfactory reasons . May be your phone number , address , DL info and your account numbers must be blacklisted for future payments.

Try to pay using different address , phone number and ur spouse DL ...for an account number for which u have not done the bill pay. Do a test amount from a different store to try it out.

Please post your results and another question , how did u pay 3000 $ in a single transaction ? we guys usually do 2000 , using 4 500 gc, 4 swipes.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
I think this is the first time we are hearing about MG declining the payment for Unsatisfactory reasons . May be your phone number , address , DL info and your account numbers must be blacklisted for future payments.

Try to pay using different address , phone number and ur spouse DL ...for an account number for which u have not done the bill pay. Do a test amount from a different store to try it out.

Please post your results and another question , how did u pay 3000 $ in a single transaction ? we guys usually do 2000 , using 4 500 gc, 4 swipes.
Maybe the problem may have been I did the bill pay while I was traveling far away from my home address (I fly once a month for work, so will be going back to that WM in a few weeks to take care of the issue, hopefully). The distance and the fact it was the first time I did billpay from there may have been part of it, along with too many transaction in the past 30 days...just a guess... Skypesos are what I was after.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
since you mentioned this,

when doing B/Ps, it is important to pay in varying amounts for easy tracking; for instance, if one pays $2995 each time for different accounts with same card company and a glitch occurs, it can be difficult to trace such payment since other payments with same amount may have gone through. It is possible for anyone looking at the case to outright say it has been paid and will not spend more time to look deeper. Therefore, varying payments by a few or more pennies/cents can make a lot of difference should issues arise on a particular payment.
I never thought to vary the BP. That's a great suggestion.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:28 pm

Has anyone recently been able to get back to back BP's to work? It's been a while, so I thought I'd try it today. Just like in the past, the second one wouldn't go through.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by devastitis

I was getting similar issues with cards that werent maxed at the 5x limit. I just pressed okay continuously until it went through to the end.
Yeah, I tried a ton of times. Its something quirky about the Alliant cards. Even using Visa doesn't work. Oh well, Alliant is much less valuable now that its dead for online gcs.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Lots
Tried loading my SPG Biz account number to WMs app to pay through MG, but it gives me the same error as if I had done it 5x already even though Ive never done it before. In line with the guy before getting a refunded Am3x BP, does this mean WMBP/MG is no longer accepting Am3x?
Edit: I finally was able to get it to go through using Am 3x-Next Day, but now Im afraid to actually BP it haha..

Last edited by devastitis; Mar 5, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by devastitis
Tried loading my SPG Biz account number to WMs app to pay through MG, but it gives me the same error as if I had done it 5x already even though Ive never done it before. In line with the guy before getting a refunded Am3x BP, does this mean WMBP/MG is no longer accepting Am3x?
Edit: I finally was able to get it to go through using Am 3x-Next Day, but now Im afraid to actually BP it haha..
You will be ok, Sunday morning paid 4k to SPG using BP and everything went well, try paying $50 and wait to post, that is what i normally do if im not sure before send the entire troop but yes it worked on my SPG personal : AMERICAN EXPRESS-NEXT DAY (14554),
devastitis likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:56 am

Discover is having issues in processing the payments ( Not sure whether all payments or , payments from checkfree pay) . Monday before 7.00 pm payments were not posted till today. Had a three way call and confirmed with Discover that , they are seeing the payment but not yet processed..
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Discover is having issues in processing the payments ( Not sure whether all payments or , payments from checkfree pay) . Monday before 7.00 pm payments were not posted till today. Had a three way call and confirmed with Discover that , they are seeing the payment but not yet processed..
Interesting. Mondays charges have not posted yet and they always post the 2nd business day. Must be some overall issue at Discover.

EDIT: I just noticed that Mondays charged posted. Odd, when I checked around 8am they hadn't.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Has anyone recently been able to get back to back BP's to work? It's been a while, so I thought I'd try it today. Just like in the past, the second one wouldn't go through.
You're risking a complete lockup of the cashier's computer doing back-to-back BPs. It happened to me.

I've been utilizing the BP/MO/BP strategy for a while and it's been quite successful and glitch-free, until yesterday. I did the first BP and the MO, no problemo. When I did the second BP, I got the 'we're pulling up your order' on the screen as normal, but then it got stuck at "processing". We canceled and tried again, same thing. I had to come back a half an hour later and it worked.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Whittaker
You're risking a complete lockup of the cashier's computer doing back-to-back BPs. It happened to me.

I've been utilizing the BP/MO/BP strategy for a while and it's been quite successful and glitch-free, until yesterday. I did the first BP and the MO, no problemo. When I did the second BP, I got the 'we're pulling up your order' on the screen as normal, but then it got stuck at "processing". We canceled and tried again, same thing. I had to come back a half an hour later and it worked.
BP MO BP always works for me, but the other day I tried BP MO BP BP. The third BP got stuck on processing and the cashier canceled the transaction.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:56 pm

BP MO BP always works for me, but the other day I tried BP MO BP BP. The third BP got stuck on processing and the cashier canceled the transaction.
This is wired, Last Saturday BP 12k to 3 cards and Sunday 6K to 2 cards back to back both days and nothing happened. (I live in LazyTown so at 7:55 AM my WM is dead empty, not a soul doing anything at the Money Center)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:12 pm

I did 8k today without issues. I think sometimes network socket between WM and CFP is overloaded. CFP gets alert, tech has to do a reset and then it works again. It might take 15 min or 1hr. Who knows. CFP has lousy equipment.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I always think of the tortoise and the hare analogy when i see these posts. Why not just slow down some. Back to the analogy, who wins the race?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I always think of the tortoise and the hare analogy when i see these posts. Why not just slow down some. Back to the analogy, who wins the race?
$8K is not unreasonable. When everything is working, it can be done in 10 minutes. I never do over $6K if the MC is busy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.